Apex Modding GT3 - 2012 (v1.09 )

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by yoss, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The McLaren could nearly match it, close enough to be negligible outside of an alien’s hand. I think tire wear was the only more noticeable difference.

rocketjockeyr6 likes this.
  2. rocketjockeyr6

rocketjockeyr6 Registered

This is my opinion of the whole group. ;)
    If you are fast enough, any vehicle of this group is a veritable weapon. :)

A friend and I had the same argument, and hes normally a bit faster than me anyway, and a lot more consistent. We spent about an hour at Bathurst(were the Ferrari has a "decided" advantage), first me in the 458 and he in the Macca, about half way we swapped. Each took 10-15 minutes for the both of us to find a happy setup. Each time, once we got going, I was glued to his bumper, until I made a mistake, in which case the gap always remained constant, until one of us made a mistake. The same goes for his time chasing. We were quite scientific in method of who led when/where. :cool:

Knowing how to set up the car is half the battle in real life racing, I think this mod does a good job of representing that.

I think people should spend more time finding out which car they are fastest in. And if anyone needs help with a setup for this mod, Emery's default set's are good, and if those still dont help you, PM me and I will do my best to make a good set for you. I wouldnt call myself a guru, but Ive helped a few in the past, and I sort of enjoy it. :D

Cheers
    rocket

3. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

It is unfortunate that most people, especially the inexperienced ones, take such statements to heart.
    The importance of setup IRL in finding the 3 tenths that will lead you to victory is not to be confused with one being 2-3 secs off the pace and liking to think it's other people's magic setup that is the difference and not their driving.
    I know that's off topic but I couldn't resist your sentence flashing with neon lights.

4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Having an idea of racing parameter ranges makes a difference.

5. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

In my experience with these GT3 cars the engine placement has a big impact on the ease and driveability.
    At Bathurst for example its quite a skill to get down the Mountain from Skyline to Forest Elbow in the Porsche 911 due to the rotational inertia of the rear mounted engine. You have to ensure it stays planted and behind you, sometime using steering, sometime a blip of throttle, always perpendicular to the direction of travel under brakes.
    The Nissan GTR is much more manageable, point the front where you want it and the rear will follow.
    The Maclaren too, mid mounted and very vanilla flavoured.

But for me , getting the Porsche singing is simracing nirvana. Getting that rear end to start to rotate just enough then driving it through the corner.

6. yoss

yoss Registered

some news and what we can annonce from now is that : we surely release a partial update of the Gt3 mod very very soon with some various graphics fix and physics fix for 2 cars .
    One new model join the mod before the p1 gaming 24 h nord event for let the drivers race him a bit before the race , we work with p1gaming for made the pace and b.o.p for this new car .

Slamfunk3, sg333, mixer61 and 13 others like this.
  7. yoss

yoss Registered

First post updated and update uploaded on the workshop ,0.960 deployed
    temporary dropbox : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sx57y6y2wg8kucr/AAC6s1rojCP8X8qMmBqiv2oYa?dl=0
    change log :
    - reworked physics for the z4 and the sls
    - b.o.p redone for this two old car
    - added the benty gt3 to the mod with various skins .
    - pace and b.o.p done by p1gaming , default gearbox can be unlocked in the showroom

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  8. benborp

benborp Registered

I had an interesting occurrence with the previous build yesterday. In a league race I pitted the McLaren with a request for new front mediums and no change on the rears and appear to have left the pits with Milestones on the front and Michelins on the rear. It was like driving the back and the front of two different cars at the same time. I haven't been able to replicate this since offline. Is this a known issue, either with the mod or RF2 in general?

9. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Is the fuel mixture adjustments now working properly?

10. yoss

yoss Registered

We still waiting for the workshop update , upped two time the 960 without error at the end and still 953 ...if still not working later ,we create a new item .
    Fuel mixture problem : for this temporary update we don t have delete the feature,for don t kill the pace and b.o.p .
    For the next one , after p1gaming race we surely do.

TwoHardCore likes this.
  11. yoss

yoss Registered

steam workshop updated , finally

12. Rolacka

Rolacka Registered

yoss likes this.
  13. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Registered

The Bentley is quite fun to drive. Already had a few races with the latest update, and I quite enjoy it.

Thanks for updating and sharing this fantastic mod!

yoss and Guimengo like this.
  14. Emery

Emery Registered

Yup, it sure did while I walked down to the river to see if we had any salmon arriving this morning.

marmagas likes this.
  15. yoss

yoss Registered

yes this time he have a little inertia the workshop .
    we have remade the z4 ,sls and add the benty you have time for provide new setup for her??

16. Emery

Emery Registered

Eventually. I'm screwing around with too many other things right now.

sherpa25 likes this.
  17. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Apex modding group how you did it that guys..!!!
    Bentley is one of the most super duper cars now phenomenal work G o n g r a t u l a t i o n s ! ! ! !.
    in my honest opinion this Bentley can be easily one of the best pay mods.
    Guys try the new Bentley and you ll see what i mean.

18. sg333

sg333 Registered

Great work, love the new Bentley. Thank you for the continued work :)

19. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Very nice update, Thank you Apex Modding!

20. whitmore

whitmore Registered

I put apex Ai Bentley up against 397 Ai Bentley yoss won LOL
    Great work mate shear pleasure to drive. BOP will be good experiment