[WIP] Apex Modding - 1970 Sportscar Championship

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by ApexModding, Oct 5, 2018.

1. ApexModding

ApexModding Registered

Officially introducing the Apex 1970 World Sportscar Championship mod, based on 1970 Group 5 cars. This will be a free mod although if you enjoy our work and wish to support us for past content or to support future work (of which there is plenty), you can donate any amount through this link.

1970.jpg

Cars:
    Available templates:
    maxresdefault.jpg

512s_logo.JPG

Credits:
    • 2D & 3D art, sounds, physics: Apex Modding Team (https://www.apex-modding.com/)
    • Additional 3D: godofbigthings
    • Additional 2D: tnadz, billyblaze
    • Additional physics assistance: CMSRacing

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    Raven80, mister dog, svictor and 53 others like this.
  2. billyblaze

billyblaze Registered

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Rony1984, jayarrbee36 and pascom like this.
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I'm especially looking forward to the folded paper mod ....looks awesome!!!!! <& yes, I'm joking!!!> looking forward to this one.

4. Mauro

Mauro Registered

:eek::eek::eek:

Great news :)

5. pascom

pascom Registered

Oh oui!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Filip

Filip Registered

Porsche 917K is excellent car, having few more of same quality will be great.

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  7. RNeves

RNeves Registered

This is what RF2 needs to be even greater! Another great era of motorsport being recreated!

Can't wait to try these beasts!

Highbank, jayarrbee36 and pascom like this.
  8. LaZanzaraRombante

LaZanzaraRombante Registered

I've been waiting for these cars for a long time

Highbank and David Kolody like this.
  9. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

@ApexModding

Will the Porsche 917 be updated soon ?
    I mean, well before the release of other cars in beta.

Thank's

10. ApexModding

ApexModding Registered

There are internal things to be taken care first but it is likely we'll prioritize concluding the mods in our pipeline instead of hopping between content. We may have internal progress every now and then but it is unlikely we'll push out an update unless we make major strides in one of these potential revisits.

The idea is for all cars to be at v1.0 status at the same time and released together. The Porsche will be available to all and might be out a week before the package - but we're still looking at very late 2019 unless we grow our team/secure some resources.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    Mauro, DrivingFast and pascom like this.
  11. Filip

Filip Registered

Wait a minute!
    What is there to be updated on 917?
    Are you saying it can get even better than this?

Rony1984 and DrivingFast like this.
  12. ApexModding

ApexModding Registered

Our team grew in quality and also, we got additional books. For example:
    917.jpg

So it will get better ;). We will try to improve the old bias ply tires and work on tweaks, plus implementing more correct parameters.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  13. Legend

Legend Registered

oh my god!
    awesome project this WSCC mod

pascom likes this.
  14. yoss

yoss Registered

15. Duncan

Duncan Registered

Abolutely Great Job.

However i have memories of an alpha version of the 917 very difficult too drive.
    According to Gerard Larousse himself if the 917 of 1969 was hard to drive he says the 1970 version was much more comfortable

Gérard Larrousse : « J’ai eu la chance de ne pas la piloter en 1969, c’est vrai que cette année-là les pilotes disaient qu’elle était un peu compliquée à conduire. En 1970, je n’ai pas souvenir d’une voiture particulièrement difficile. Ce dont je me souviens, par contre, c’est de la météo épouvantable et de la difficulté qu’on avait pour doubler les 911 dans les Hunaudières. On n’y voyait rien et on se guidait au bruit avant de les voir et de les doubler ! En 1971, la voiture était encore supérieure avec une tenue de route extraordinaire. Je me souviens bien de la ligne droite où on était pendant longtemps à fond, à 380, 390 km/h. La difficulté que j’avais, c’était dans la courbe des Hunaudières, avec la butte qui existait à l’époque. Au début, j’avais du mal à la passer à fond, alors qu’il fallait le faire, sans lever le pied. Le Petit Pont, c’était à fond aussi, mais il fallait quand même lever un peu le pied car la voiture s’allégeait. Maison Blanche était difficile car le virage était aveugle et la courbe Dunlop, il fallait aussi lever un peu le pied un peu avant. »

Gérard Larrousse: "I was lucky not to drive it in 1969, it is true that that year the drivers said it was a little complicated to drive. In 1970, I do not remember a particularly difficult car. What I remember, however, is the terrible weather and the difficulty we had to double the 911 in the Hunaudières. We could not see anything and we were guided by the noise before seeing them and doubling them! In 1971, the car was still superior with extraordinary handling. I remember well the straight line where we were for a long time to the bottom, at 380, 390 km / h. The difficulty I had was in the curve of the Hunaudières, with the hillock that existed at the time. At first, I struggled to go through it, when it had to be done, without lifting my foot. The Little Bridge, it was also thoroughly, but it was still necessary to lift a bit because the car was lightening. Maison Blanche was difficult because the turn was blind and the curve Dunlop, it was also necessary to lift a little bit befo

Source :http://www.endurance-classic.com/fr/une-soiree-porsche-riche-en-anecdotes-au-musee-des-24-heures/

Too often vintage cars mean near impossible to drive, and the only result is that near nobody drives them. Total waste of awesome work.
    So please follow the way S397 has built the 1975-1976 F1, hard to drive at their limit but rather comfortable under.

16. racedriver

racedriver Registered

In the video-clip above, there is Bridgehampton. Is this track already available for rF2?

17. Corti

Corti Registered

I think it has not yet been released for rFactor 2.

18. Godwind Racing

Godwind Racing Registered

[​IMG]
    Might now cost you an arm and a leg as books like these always do, now that the author (who also was a Porsche and Sauber F1 engineer) passed away a few years ago, but may I recommend

19. pkelly

pkelly Registered

@apex - I am truly embarrassed that the community has been so stingy and only have made 3 donations to your generous efforts. Come on folks - let's support Apex with more donations so they'll not be discouraged from their passion of sharing their mods with us, freely. They need a coffee and/or beer too...

20. Tech G

Tech G Registered

I just wanted to say a big thank you to the Modding team for the 917K, which I recently had the pleasure of racing at the 1967 old Le Mans track. The car felt great, very enjoyable to drive and beautiful to look at, coffee on the way! :)