Anyway to request more fuel when racing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by me you, Jan 21, 2018.

1. me you

me you Registered

Am I just missing the setting where the racer can request more fuel? Or do you have to just set the number of laps/fuel before the race and hope you conserve fuel enough to finish?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If you request a pitstop the pit menu will usually be displayed in the game HUD (you need to have the MFD HUD visible, check your controls). You can then use the pit menu controls to select and adjust fuel, and tyres and other options, depending on the mod (some don't have refuelling, some don't let you change tyres, etc).

You can request a pitstop and unrequest immediately if you just want to bring up that menu, or press the MFD mode button (again, check controls) to cycle through the various screens until you get to the pit menu.

3. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

When you go into the controller settings screen you want to go to the "Display" tab.
    In there you'll find "LCD Mode". Assign a button or key to that and that will cycle through the seven or so displays in the MFD, Multi Function Display.
    Below LCD Mode there is LCD up, down, increase and decrease.
    They are used in the Pit screen, up and down highlight each option for the pitstop, fuel, tyres, repair etc.
    Increase and decrease obviously used to request how much fuel etc.
    So it's important to have those assigned to a controller/keyboard.
    You can assign a seperate button for each MFD screen if you want.
    Something I've learned over the years is even if a pitstop won't be needed for the race I always take all the fuel out of the pre-set pitstops.
    Then, if you have to pit for repairs you aren't going to waste more time while they refuel if you weren't able to take the fuel out of the pit screen..

4. me you

me you Registered

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@me you A mod disabling refueling should only do so because the real series doesn't have refueling. If a mod wrongly disallows refueling that's a mod error; if it's following the real series then no, you shouldn't be able to request, as the real drivers can't do it either.

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Voice command apps/utilities, like Voice Commander, can open the pit lcd, scroll down to the fuel line and then either add or subract fuel for a pitstop. It is NOT the easiest method [but far easier than trying to drive AND use the keyboard.] and does distract from driving.

7. me you

me you Registered

ok thanks Lazza- that makes sense- being a newbie- I just assumed they could or should be able to request- So I'll try to manage how many gallons I need before the race-