Anyone know Scott Juliano?

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by SmokinJo65, Jan 20, 2012.

1. SmokinJo65

SmokinJo65 Registered

I was going to start on a real track while I work on a converted one as well but I want to make sure he won't be updating his Birmingham Track anytime soon to rFactor2 because anymore then 1 of the same track isn't good (me personally anyways)

I thought about doing Barber Motorsports Park and I wouldn't be using his track but do my own as I have elevation data plus I know the track inside and out from driving it so much in iRacing. I just don't think doing a fantasy one would be the right move yet because I am not sure I could do it and have the right flow and stuff. If he wasn't going to do it I will start on Barber but I don't want to do it if he'll be doing it.

2. freew67

freew67 Registered

3. SmokinJo65

SmokinJo65 Registered

Oh LMFAO..

Boy I look like an a$$, sorry but I just didn't spend much time with rFactor1 so I have no idea who is who or where they come from. :p

Guess I'll have to contact him.

4. freew67

freew67 Registered

5. SmokinJo65

SmokinJo65 Registered

I did PM him but I have decided to put that on the back burner for now because being he is Staff it's a good possibility he'll update it so I figured I'd do Brainerd International Raceway in my home state here, it's never been done before to my knowledge and I thought it looked like a boring track but after watching many videos it's not boring at all, just the surrounding area around the track itself is but that can be spiced up a bit..lol

6. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Yes I asked in a longer thread if he would update it...one of my favourite tracks in rF1 :)

7. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

It will get a nice update at some point, yes. It's an excellent club track :) .

8. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

haha :D That's awesome ;) Hey, I don't mind if you work on your own version at all--if you've got the data, etc, go for it. But yes, I was planning on updating Birmingham at some point for rF2 on the side (certainly wouldn't be an official track)....

9. SmokinJo65

SmokinJo65 Registered

Hehe.. Duh all these days of browsing the forums and seeing your name but it just didn't click yet when I seen the file because I was looking into it but I usually check a lot of rF1 sites to see if that track has been made already first. I had a friend convince me to work on another track as well as BIR and this one is PIR..lol, Both hardly anything for elevations so being a first track that might be the way to go..lol

My friend says there is another version called Vanport International Raceway but it was made 5 years ago by some person that probably ain't going to get updated and there's lots of requests for this track or something..lol, seems easy enough but now need to follow this video that talks about Creating a Road and Terrain in 3DSMax with some 4000-5000 thousand meter long plane and a few things to make it snap in place to the spline.

I have no idea how long these things take but I hope to release it and Brainerd International Raceway will be after..lol

Portland International Raceway = ?? I see a lot of people are renaming probably to get away from legal issues?

View attachment 733

10. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Awesome Sauce Scott...yeh didnt expect that one to be an official release :)

11. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

Hijacking this thread for a bit :) ... Vanport may or may not get an update depending on time and popularity. Both artists who worked on the track are still around and are both active in the gaming industry.

Looking at that attached image, I hope you'll rotate everything to match the real orientation (i.e. North goes up in the Top Viewport) :) .

12. SmokinJo65

SmokinJo65 Registered

Doh.. I'm not the type of guy who likes many creations of the same track as well and judging by many download sites almost every track has been made for rF1..lol

Yeah I learned to rotate stuff in Google Earth to measure easier and to get the image lined up perfectly in MAX when I use the measure tool there. I have this one on the nuts..lol, I used the beginning on the concrete for starting line on the dragstrip to the end of the straight and it makes it so much simpler to me anyways.

Like I said I don't want to build it if the other one is going to or may get updated because I just don't see no point in 2 tracks that are the same, I'll try contacting them to see if they will update it and if they plan to I'll move on to Brainerd International Raceway.

13. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

If it'll help make this happen I'll chime in to say I'd love to see Vanport, plus Putnam Park, Jerez, etc. in rF2. Any Lonely/SLN track gets my vote! ;)

14. freew67

freew67 Registered

Hmmm boy those names sound famil? :)

15. SmokinJo65

SmokinJo65 Registered

Well I found out just by some dumb luck in the search bar on getting more info for Brainerd International Raceway that there was a version made of that to (called Donnybrooke because that was the name of it when it opened but I am not sure there is even a link to download it because I think it was in Beta and the guy might have given up on it. Just my luck..lol

I think I am going to have to get over the fact that there is not one track out there that hasn't been made for rF1..lol, I guess I'll just have to give and take for myself and just conclude that if there is 2 of the same type track OH WELL.. Love and War. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2012
  16. NoClue48

NoClue48 Registered

I have a copy of Donnybrooke for GTR2 on my PC...

Here's the text of the readme file:

Donnybrooke Speedway for GTRĀ²

This is my third track. It was originally started as part of a track set for the F1C Classic Trans Am Mod.
    A hard drive crash left me with only the meshes left and that is the basis of this track.

Purportedly built in 1963 Donnybrooke Speedway hosted Can Am, Trans Am, USAC and Formula 5000 races through the 60's and early 70's.
    It was renamed Brainerd International Raceway in 1973 and has hosted SBK and an NHRA national event for about the last 20 years.
    I saw Paul Newman win wire to wire there in a Datsun 280 ZX.

The track shape has not changed since it inception and I was modelling for 1970 T/A cars, so I chose to keep it a late 60's version in appearance.
    The starting line is not prototypical but it is kind of vintage in appearance.

I'm calling this a beta release as Visgroups aren't dialed in yet, ramerates should be acceptable.
    This track was completely scratch built by me, using 3DMax6, Zmodeler 1.07, 3DSimed and Photoshop5.

I used some period literature and my own photos for reference along with the book "Trans-Am The Pony Car Wars 1966-1972" by Dave Friedman. Buy it!
    Thanks to Andrew Gantman (gantmaniac) for the in car video and critique, Dave Volenec (The V's) for photo reference, Bud Lucas (Bad Bud) for AI help and critique.
    A very special thanks to my brother Stan (satnu) for financial and moral support.

This is a 3D work of art. This track may NOT be converted to any other form factor without my expressed written consent.
    This track may NOT be distributed on or within any media for which money is charged or within media distributed along with
    another item for which money is charged without the author's expressed written consent.
    This track may NOT be used for any commercial purpose.

Send any recommendations, gripes, kudos or money to: murbanski@goldengate.net
    Mike Urbanski (NickDeFender)

Coming soon.......... a fun but slightly inaccurate 1970 Seattle International Raceway.

I include it as there's an e-mail address; albeit from 2007...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2012
  17. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Yeah, who could they be??? ;)

18. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Soooooo.... It's now May 2013. Is this Birmingham coming or not? Great track.

19. Banger

Banger Registered

shame SLN,lonely hasn't the time anymore, to do tracks. Flipping jobs:)