Anyone happen to be doing Blackhawk Farms or Grattan Raceway?

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by Keith Carter, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Keith Carter

Keith Carter Registered

Just wondering if anyone happens to be into doing these two great club racing tracks. It doesn't make sense to me that we have 3 or 4 versions of some tracks, but there are still a large amount of tracks out there that never get looked at. I have a lot of photos and real life GPS data (Aim Data logger track data) from Blackhawk farms if it's worth anything to anyone. I don't have any GPS logger data from Grattan, but could likely get some from fellow racers. I would imagine LiDar data would be most helpful though.

2. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

With this being a world wide forum, a lot of these club tracks are typically just too small for most people to know of, let alone some one to make. Every once in a while we get lucky and some one can make it a project (James Mabe with Gingerman). If they were from a game that was convertible, that would be the most likely solution. But I don't believe they are.

I do recall a Blackhawk Farms for rF1, but I'm not sure how accurate it is. That might be workable to a degree, although with rF2 requiring more road detail, it might not be up to the grade. I would love to see Blackhawk Farms as I just recently moved to the Milwaukee area, so it is about 1.5 hours away. I'm hoping to make a trip as a fan once things open back up.

I would also like to add Thunderhill as having a 25 hour sim race with a ton of odd ball classes would be awesome.

3. Keith Carter

Keith Carter Registered

Thanks for the response, Chris! Yep, I get it that the club tracks are a bit less known especially since a lot of our modders are from other countries. I believe that some people just favor the smaller club type tracks that have personality and character. I was just hoping to find a skilled mod maker looking for a new project. :) I helped to develop the Blackhawk Farms version for Nascar Heat many years ago. I was lucky enough to get to know a mod maker back then and share all of my knowledge of the track with him in order to get it created. We were running a league at the time, so I think we got a little carried away with penalty traps though... The rF1 version wasn't very good at all and highly unfinished (falling through the ground). Both Grattan and Blackhawk are sim worthy and would be a great addition, IMO. Laser scanning via drone technology for the average Joe can't come soon enough!