Anyone got a Buttkicker Gamer 2 ?

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by xracer, Sep 26, 2012.

1. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Good discussion. I have a single buttkicker gamer 2. Comments on setup(knob and button settings to try?) would be appreciated.
    Suggested high and low filter adjustment experience? Just curious regarding other's recommendations.

2. lopsided

lopsided Registered

@xracer: I only have one Buttkicker, but I moved it from under my rig (rSeat has a post/mount for them) to the side of the seat and I must say I certainly am getting a lot more out of it without having to crank it up so high the neighbors hear me rattling!
    It must be nice to have them on either side as VLA mentioned.

[​IMG]

And I did a similar thing when I used it with a Playseat. Instead of having it mounted to frame closest to the floor (like you may see on Youtube) I made an X bracket which had a pipe in the center and placed that between the seat and frame...right under the fanny. Again, I felt far more vibration at lower settings.

[​IMG]

3. lopsided

lopsided Registered

4. lopsided

lopsided Registered

@ smbrm: I set mine up according to their suggestions
    http://thebuttkicker.com/gaming/downloads/BK-GR2_QSG-6pg.pdf

Low Cut Off Switch : On
    High Cut Off Switch: On
    High Cut Off Freq : 40hz

I've tried other settings but sometimes after playing for a while it will begin to fade ...overheating? clipping? I don't know what causes that exactly.

5. coops

coops Banned

hey if i buy a buttkicker gamer 2 can i add another shaker to it ? and will it run it ?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2012
  6. lopsided

lopsided Registered

7. Lantern Rouge

Lantern Rouge Registered

I don't understand how you connect the Aura system to standard PC audio output. It looks like you need a separate amp that goes with a home stereo system...

8. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

From the PC, the signal is sent to an amp and then to the sound hardware. You have to have the amp regardless as the PC isn't built as an amp and the sound raw would be at a very low level.

9. VLA

VLA Registered

10. grubyc

grubyc Registered

Aura bas shakers pro is 4 ohm. Does amp have to be same 4 ohm?
    Or you can use standard 5.1 or 7.1 amp aiwa,sony,kenwood...with standard i mean cheap!???
    With simevibe software can i use optical out for speakers and motherboard 7.1 for amp(aura)??
    Is there thread with simvibe test,wiring,expirience...?

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

can the BKG2 power 1-2 Aura Pro shakers?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2012
  12. coops

coops Banned

why cant we hook str8 to pc sound system ? eg z5500

13. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

I am no expert, but I think I can answer this. Consider that you are going to want to have full sound from anything on your system. The sound system is only capable of separation of sound to a certain extent and if you have to modify the sound levels that go to the buttkicker amp, then you will be cutting out on some of the sound going to the rest of the speakers as well.

There may also be an issue with total wattage from the sound system. By this I mean that the sound system is capable of X wattage maximum and this is divided across how ever many speakers you have. If you add speakers, then the total per speaker has to drop to accommodate the extra load so the vibration from the buttkickers is reduced. Putting the buttkickers or what ever brand of shakers on a separate sound card allows you to use the maximum available wattage for those speakers without lowering the wattage to the rest of the speakers.

14. VLA

VLA Registered

@coops, as Gearjammer has stated, only I edited a little bit in bold

15. Lantern Rouge

Lantern Rouge Registered

So the amp connects to the sub-woofer output via a standard speaker connector?

16. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

I would presume that would be correct Lantern, yes. You would need to follow any directions provided by the manufacturer of what ever amp you use. You are basically creating a sound system similar to what you purchase if you buy a logitech sound system, but there will only be base shakers attached.

17. coops

coops Banned

ty guys for the explanation... so it sounds like i should get 1

18. lopsided

lopsided Registered

19. Skylar_Schutz

Skylar_Schutz Registered

anyone running bk2 with simvibe? would love to hear your comments.

20. MrPix

MrPix Registered

Just got SimVibe and it's so much better than without it... (just the fact that menus and teamspeak don't go through it is a massive purchase plus), even with my single BK Gamer 2 under my seat in extensions mode. The effects do tend to get merged and confused on the standard settings, but there's plenty of tweaks you can do in the control settings panels to make some of them more pronounced than others.

The types of effects available in rFactor 2 to SimVibe seem quite limited compared to another title I won't mention, there are only a few that are applied as standard (from memory... engine vibration, Front / Rear suspension Bumps, Gear Change and Impacts - all of which need a little tuning from the standard settings when going through a single BK Gamer 2) and as they have made the plugin, my guess is that these may be the only 5 effects that can or should be used with rFactor 2... but I will experiment to see if any others can be added and used as the standard feeling is OK but in need of tweaking as I said before.

I'm quite impressed already and when I get it working properly with some other titles I already have, then I'm sure I will not rue the investment.

Edit: It seems I can add quite a few other effects after all. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2013