Anyone else concerned about MSG’s future?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jamesleegte, Apr 4, 2022.

1. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Personally I think lots of these things are unrelatable to consumers. Nor we can fully understand what is really going on, nor we do know what are the agreements and how everything is planned to turn out.

While I respect the share of the information. It is just not for consumers to know these things. This is aimed to discredit a company which might soon grow into highly competitive player in the market. Besides that IMO there is also kind of "blackmailing" factor to it, where "if you don't pay us" we will make not nice videos about you. Or maybe it is not, I just don't know.

Eitherway it is quite pointless for us to worry about this all. I understand digging into topic why NASCAR game was not great. But getting deep into company finances inside stuff is getting slightly weird, whats next - making a video how Marcel got a ticket for speeding in 2006 and then again in 2009 (note, if I guessed this correctly, it is just coincidence).

lagg, GeraArg and MikeV710 like this.
  2. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

You might well be right on the speeding tickets, it's too long ago for me to remember! :) People here typically won't get banned for voicing their opinion, as long as they do it respectfully. If you start personally attacking someone, that's where we typically draw the line. This is a forum, it's meant for discussing things. Over and out!

delapecs, trichens, pkelly and 8 others like this.
  3. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

I'll worry when Marcel goes back to Luminus.

4. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Although I had a great time at Luminis (I worked there for almost 20 years) I have no plans of going back.

trichens, JuanP006, pkelly and 2 others like this.
  5. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

You are right, if you are banned or not is clearly not my business. But what you still aren't able to comprehend is, that it would look a bit out of place to the people working in a Porsche store if you enter it wearing a shirt with a print like "F*ck VW". Next to the fact that you might find a few parts from VW on your lovely Porsche, that a few clever VW employes crafted with their skill and passion so that you are able to drive your lovely Porsche. Amazing, isn't it? Reading your statement makes it obvious that you never had an exchange part from VW, Audi or Porsche in your hands. Propably a Manta fan ...
    There is a fine difference between voicing your opinion and saying "F*ck You" and it's astonishing that it needs to be explained. Anyway, ofcourse all people are free to voice their opinion but I hope that you are aware of what people say about opinions and a$$holes.

6. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

Yes of course it is worrying.

Especially as the MSG CEO is, shall we say, suspect, and known to have done similar things in the past, and has a current lawsuit active against him/MSG.

As the old saying goes 'Where there's smoke there's fire'...

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

No no! Where there is smoke, there is a Beef Brisket basking in glorious Oakwood smoke for 12 to 14 hours before becoming an absolutely spectacular, tender, juicy, cut of meat. (no fire!)

delapecs and r00b Driver like this.
  8. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

Damn that's making me hungry!

davehenrie likes this.
  9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The real kicker is spraying said Brisket every hour or so with the traditional Apple Juice or.....PICKLE JUICE! Helps the smoke adhere as the bark begins to form.

r00b Driver likes this.
  10. lagg

lagg Registered

And there is an old saying that says "if you throw enough dirt some of it will stick"
    There is always a saying that says the opposite of another.

atomed and mantasisg like this.
  11. Steve Cunningham

Steve Cunningham Registered

I don't really see how this effects the future of RF2 at all.

I see the concern regarding MotorSport Games and the financial implications for that particular company in general but why would this be a lynch pin issue for RF2 ?

12. Havner

Havner Registered

Can someone reliably say that MSG legally owns Studio 397 now? It has been mentioned (I have not verified it) that they only payed 1M for them, still owning 2.2M. Is this really true? And if it is what are legal implications of such a partial transaction? Are they still legally owned by the previous owner?

13. Goanna

Goanna Registered

14. Lethal

Lethal Registered

Just because EA bought Codemasters doesn't make F1 go bad.
    Same thing with Motorsport Games buying rFactor 2.
    At least in the short term they didn't end the game for both parties!
    (I'm talking about EA, the best company at ending franchises)
    I'm not protecting MSGM, so much so that I don't agree with how the sale of DLC's for rF2 is carried out, where content values are high and content is always lacking, you would buy one or more games, not worth the purchase (in my opinion) , probably the BTCC DLC will be like this!
    Correct me if I'm wrong!

15. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

The thing about MSG in this scenario is: we don't have access to all the information (The really "BIG" picture). It seems there are more things going on behind the scenes with investors and even larger entities involved. The one thing we can say for sure is, there is a lot of speculation happening in regard to the future of MSG / rF2, with little regard to Macro level influences.

In other words, we tend to worry much about something we don't really understand. Better to relax a bit and let things play out over time. For now, rf2 seems to be making some good progress and we should enjoy what we have, now.

atomed, GeraArg, pkelly and 4 others like this.
  16. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

yep hopefully situation is much better than what it seems from watching these videos, Rfactor 2 is really on a roll now....it would be a terrible loss if something bad were to happen.(especially considering the low the number of truly hardcore niche sims are in market).

RaceNut likes this.
  17. lagg

lagg Registered

I have seen alive, more dead than rF2

18. Filip

Filip Registered

Are you saying that you don't support your team when they are loosing but only if the are winning?

GTClub_wajdi likes this.
  19. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

You have to see what certain people know about the stock market, companies and the economy;)

pd. and especially private companies.....

20. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

You are supporting rfactor2 not MSG.,, but it seems you don’t like rfactor2.

juanchioooo likes this.