Anybody been able to successfully train AI at Mills?

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by P.S.R., Oct 6, 2015.

1. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

A release of the updated Mills seemed imminent but appears to have taken a back seat to indefinently. Is anyone running Mills in SP? I cannot because some of the AI are going completely off the track every lap with many vehicles and I tried to train the AI.

Reason for asking is that I have an urgent need for Mills because of a study I am doing that will benefit greatly from the history of data I have at that location.

Worst case, though, I can switch to another track, but would hate to with updated Mills coming, but if someone has a solution for keeping cars on track I figured it's worth asking.

I tried training both ways and was unsuccessful so may not be possible but you never know there may be something I am missing.

2. Johnathan Johnson

Johnathan Johnson Banned

How do you "train" the AI? I didn't know that was a thing. You mean the AI can actually learn?

3. Emery

Emery Registered

4. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Oh yes, they do!
    Do the following settings in player.JSON for everyday session or weekend related training:
    "AI Calibrate Sample Size":6, --------------> seems to work better than 5, if you do no training or short ones keep this number smaller.
    "AI Power Calibration":7, -----------> put this on 7 and no other!
    "Auto Line Smoothing":7, -----------> max value should be greater,as more lines are present. However put this on 7
    "Autocalibrate AI Mode":2, -------------> That´s the actual learning-mode. 2 for everyday, 1 for singel-car long training, 3 should be read-only .wis and.ini files.
    I don´t gettting tired in posting this every month or so ;) Should make a template....lol

For OP-question:
    I´ve used Mills, but never let them train. That AI there is bad is no secret though...
    Another question, somehow related: Does new build create .WIS and .INI? P.S.R., anyone? Last build .wis seemed broken.....

5. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Found the wis files after learning in this build - different size between 10 an 17 KB - where should be the ini files? TIA

6. peterchen

peterchen Registered

UserData\Player\settings\carclass\carnumber

7. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Having AI use my garage setup does wonders here and elsewhere. Surprising that doesn't come up more often. It's now part of my routine...