Any reason why some people are afraid of rF2 and need to dump on it regularly?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by realkman666, Jul 7, 2014.

1. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Good to see you again man! :)

Your post gets a +1.000.000.000 from me.

2. Eddy

Eddy Registered

This would really be a shame loosing you Rouke, please stay with us and take the sabbatical from the admin thingy.......

3. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Yeah man stick around it'll work out dude

4. speed1

speed1 Banned

Thank you. I couldn't let you down. :)

5. Eddy

Eddy Registered

yeah speed1 great to see you back in here. I don't always "get" what you mean but you ARE appreciated here ....... did you install the sim again also?

6. speed1

speed1 Banned

Yes, i couldn't without. :)

7. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Great ;)

8. speed1

speed1 Banned

'll probably ride until to my end. I've been doing this for so long that I can not live without. :)

9. Eddy

Eddy Registered

i wish you many years to come m8 :cool:

10. speed1

speed1 Banned

For sure, it is only the beginning with my 40, even 2pac ( R.I.P ) is riding with me, next to my monitors for years now. His figure is symbolizing immortality for me and even if it has nothing to do with race-driving he attended me always.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014
  11. coops

coops Banned

I have talked to Tim he agrees comparisons are useless and cause more arguments than there worth.................

12. speed1

speed1 Banned

Sometimes people need a break, a lot has happened in the past ~ 2 years. I don't know what to compare, rf2 is unique and needs time to grow.

13. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

I consider rfactor and rfactor 2 not like simulations of old, but a simulation that contains core modules, either sim doesn't focus on one car or set of cars from a single series rather several cars or series which I consider modules regardless if they are ISI or user made.

Apologies if you don't agree with my terminology, I'm old school, lol.

14. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

Agreed, I never felt so satisfied when I'm done hot laping. Each lap just feels completely different from the next so much I've focus less on setup and more in driving.

15. yusupov

yusupov Registered

lol they used literally the worst looking track that ive yet seen in rf2. not saying it was intentional, but...kinda stupid to use 2 mods to show one sim. not to mention, neither of them particularly good ones (ok, truth be told ive yet to try BES, but couldve done URD z4 gte or something at least)

16. Squeeekmo

Squeeekmo Registered

I see post's on other sites and forums about Rfactor 2 looking plain, no character, poor lighting etc. I wan't to tell them to run a race at 5pm where the lighting really shines through (great pun, probably the greatest of all time) The fact is that the games that they rave about looking amazing are AC, PC Forza and GT look like they all race at 5pm when the suns going down. Just that Rfactors default is a 2pm race. Rfactor 2 can look amazing, you just have to fiddle.

17. yusupov

yusupov Registered

some of the tracks look great (imo) any time of day. i think a problem is the demo is silverstone, & i think its a great choice from what ISI currently offers officially, but -- its just an ugly track. at 2pm in rf2, assetto corsa, & im going to guess pcars, its an ugly track. rf2 though, does seem to have special problems with it...i really want to at least make it overcast if im gonna run it in the afternoon.

as for 'no character'...i would say easily the most character of any sim ive yet played. ive compared the graphics to an oil painting, or something..vintage about them, at least with the HDR filter (again, this isnt really present at silverstone, at least not in the afternoon...blame that gray tarmac, gray concrete, gray everything). it might not be up everyones alley but it looks really, really good to me. no, its not going to best pcars graphically, but i was one of the people initially put off by rf2s graphics also, whereas now i may still not see them as a strength against the 'next gen' AC & pcars, but i dont see them as a weakness either.

jimmy broadbent on yt has done some good videos that show off the feature level, & the 24 lemans race that griptv (mostly broadbent commentating i think) broadcast was just stunning -- realtime weather, realtime period, rain at dawn showing off the road reflections as the sun rose...and to bolster yr point, lemans 91-96 on a bright afternoon? not so special. but under those circumstances it looked dreamy. id bought rf2 by then, but if i hadnt, that wouldve sold me, easily.

18. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Targa Florio at 5:30 pm looks just great. It just needs DX11 lighting. :p

Gotcha.

19. speed1

speed1 Banned

I tried some but rf2 is simply more alive and dynamic. I come from a time with pixelated graphics on the screen and I had never interest in videos or Screnshots, I can not even record useful videos. :) I also had performance problems with rf2 for a long time ( AMD ) but since these are almost fixed I can finally use it. Sure there are here and there some things that need to be optimized, graphically and technically but that will come and does not bother me too much. The simulation is more important to me as a technician and rf2 suits me best of all. Should that mean something to someone, maybe not and I do not care anyway.

rf2 is realistic in many aspects and if not perfect better than others on average, it is already. :)

20. Rik

Rik Registered

+100