Any news for the future update coming?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Baboulinet, Feb 9, 2012.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Actually threads like this are being made and replied to by certain individuals only, the experience we've had has been largely a positive, and VERY useful in terms of development.

People are given options. One of those includes walking away via a refund. You don't get those very often with a developer or publisher. People either can put up or refund and watch from the outside, we're quite happy either way with the info we've gotten.

Some people are simply not going to be happy with the beta, with the first post-beta release or even possibly after that. Some people will never get out of rF2 what they want. It's life, kind of, but some people can't accept life, either. It's been interesting to see some people being offended by being advised to take their money back if they're not happy at the moment. Always a perplexing occurrence.

2. Nepka

Nepka Registered

I think people don't need your advice to take their money back ..... lol

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2012
  3. Nepka

Nepka Registered

I mean it's little strange this kind on reaction , unusual

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2012
  4. Birgitt

Birgitt Registered

i wonder, they realy wont there money back ????
    i must say, for a first open beta it´s a wonderfull thing to drive with.
    but i´m did a mistake, it was better for me, to pay for livetime and i did only the normal payment..... stupid i am, sorry.

is there a way to update the payment to livetime ??? or must i sell the full price second one ?
    please send me a Mail if you could give me a chance ? :)

i think it will be a great game and want to honor that work !

and, sorry for my mistakefull or inkorrekt english..... it was 45 years ago when i did learn some lessons.... sorry for that.

many greatings, Birgitt

thank you for great, nearly realistik feeling !!! (in the Trainer and the F1 oldies it´s very funny) think it is a good way !

5. Novis

Novis Registered

I don't think you necessarily want open betas available for everybody. What you want are people that know what is required of them as beta testers. In this software category probably even an age limit. Here you got a bunch of noisy kids that just want to play the latest game with no interest of providing any kind of useful feedback. If I had worn ISI clothes I would have kicked them out before they even had a chance to ask for a refund.

6. 88mphTim

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on it. If they're thrown out do you honestly think that will stop them? :) In my experience on forums this kind of action is like pulling a rubber band and not expecting it to flick back and hurt.

As much as some people can be time consuming, even annoying, it's still useful to get their opinion. Even if they are just 0.5% of your customers, that's still worth paying attention to, even if you don't do anything about their concerns, it's useful to know they're there when/if you can...

The only time I regularly ban someone (always temporarily) is when I feel that a) they need to calm down and b) they are stopping me from doing my job, as I am having to deal with them all the time.

7. marto

marto Registered

thats right tim
    but alot of real fans of the game. get sick of knockers.
    that have nothing good to say

8. 88mphTim

I know, but trying to stop them entirely only makes it worse, believe me. :)

9. coops

coops Banned

you mayb right there tim :)

10. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Surely having as many people as possible trying the beta regardless of their experience with gaming, computers or otherwise is beneficial in terms of realising problems, errors and potential holes or flaws in the software.

Sure the number of people versus number of problems found is a logarithmic relationship but you'd rather be at the top of the curve than the bottom. And anyway, 'annoying' people still have something worthwhile to say sometimes.

11. 88mphTim

This.

12. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

How strange I've just got done doing some work with logarithmic graphs and you should mention them:) I also think everything Tim is coming out with is bang on the money and it's all great to hear.

13. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Get offended when instead of get some kind of technical support or response on their feedback, being advised to take their money back... do not distort things to look right. You will have loyal supporters for any kind of nonsense that you say, so you don´t need this.

Perplexing occurrence is receiving support almost exclusively from other users and be attacked by an army of fanboys if you have any criticism of the game or the team of developers or support staff.
    But it seems that this is no going back. I hope it works out in the end.
    I'll keep betting on rf2 until i see better option in the market (if appears).

Anyway, I am always happy when someone from ISI comes up and responds in a topic. That feeling that they got the money and left running disappears for a few days.

14. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

All I ask is that you see what's happening in the pCARS forums and you will have a whole new respect and admiration for the ISI staff.

Over at pCARS, any kind of criticism like the kind we see here and the users are banned. No warning, just "goodbye". They don't "offer" you a refund, they force it on you.

The post you just made ^ would get you banned. Not temporary like here, but permanent.

ISI has the patience of a Buddha. Maybe they don't answer your questions to your liking, but they allow you to say so. You are free to say whatever you want. You are free to criticize - even rant.

Not true over at pCARS forums.

You are still here and you still have your game. And no matter how much you complain, ISI will not take your game from you.

SMS will.

15. TJ_Tas

TJ_Tas Registered

Its true what buddha says about pCars forums. I paid my money made one hello post and one post where I was critical of the driving feel (and it was not rude or confrontational). I was banned and given a forced refund. It appears there that they ONLY want fanboys.

16. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Who's attacking you? People will start calling you out if you continually post the same negative comments. Post once and leave it at that, especially once you've been given the choice to push the refund button.

17. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Hello Buddhatree, I'm not saying that ISI has the worst customer/company relation in the business of racing simulators. Not participate in other forums at the moment but I believe what you say is possible but won´t maybe ISI attitude good (in MY point of view). Less bad maybe.
    What bothers me is when anyone makes a negative comment about any aspect of the game, right or wrong, many people start throwing stones at those who dared to do this. Why ISI need to ban someone when that happens?
    I think the game is good, but I like to read reviews about good and bad aspects of the game that maybe i have not noticed and would like to see the position of the ISI on the subject, but when people not connected to the company (or as connected as who is criticizing) start telling the other about when and how they have the right to complain, I think it is wrong and does not help improve RF2.

18. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Not only me i´m saying. I hardly complain about something here.
    If the person is wrong about something she thinks is their right or on some aspect of the product that it owns, once post about that and leave it (like you said) or let the ISI do this. If you do not think it's worth, ignore and leave to ISI to ignore also (to me ignoring someone its kind of answer too). Threads would be shorter and objectives

19. Novis

Novis Registered

Yeah, I know what you're saying. I probably should have added a smiley after the last sentence. I do it now instead. :)

No, not at all, but it depends on the state of the software. Before beta testing you definitely don't wont hundreds of issue reports on things that are not final. It could be parts of the software you know that you will change later, placeholders, not turned on features, or whatever. You will be drowned with useless reports of already known issues. The later you get in beta testing the wider experience level of testers you like to have. As you seen it doesn't matter if you go out and tell testers what area you are interested with feedback on, you will get flooded by every kind of issue anyway. Not to mention a lot of other off topic posts which tends to grow dramatically with less experience testers.

If you go out and say things that are turn out to be dead wrong and continue to insist on it, then you should be prepared that people will try correctly you and tell how it actually is. I think I never defended ISI in any of my post to you, but just tried to straighten out what you are entitled to expect from being a beta tester.

20. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

I´m talking generally. Not to you specific and not even directly to me, but i have seen this a lot in this forum (look this hole topic- its about news on future updates). I have some difficult to express myself in correct way in english and get people to correct understanding what i´m saying and i´m sorry for that.