Any news for the future update coming?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Baboulinet, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Novis

Novis Registered

Don't forget that Shift is based on the ISI engine and they now with pCARS try to get rid of it step by step.

I must confess that I haven't tried out pCARS myself yet, but I consider to jump on that ship soon also.

2. navorsky

navorsky Registered

I go for the best physics. Really, nice graphics are very good and it counts, but in the end of the day, i care for the experience.

3. Nepka

Nepka Registered

1 month and no update , nothing .. No communication about this .. Strange concept for a beta lol

4. Spyder

Spyder Registered

Official line from ISI on this matter : "Refunds are available"

5. Nepka

Nepka Registered

Yeah .. it's a very strange communication ... Little scared in fact , maybethey have problems in the development ...

6. mrbblack

mrbblack Banned

If i have to wait 6 months for an update then i want a refund

the servers are empty

rather in my bank than theres

if theres not somethign better out by then like pcars etc by then then i might come back

sigh

7. Baboulinet

Baboulinet Registered

Sorry guys but i stop here, i pushed the refund button.

My reasons:
    -Not enough mods and tracks for a beta.
    -Disappointed of graphics for a 2012 game
    -Nobody on online servers
    -No communications for ISI mostly, i know it's a little company but come on, how long that taking for writing a thread?

i will use my money back for pCARS, I think this is a more promising simulation.
    Maybe i'll come back when the game is finished.

Thank you anyway for letting me participate in this beta.

i'm not here to troll, it's my truly opinion.

And again sorry for my poor english.

Cheers.

8. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Well, hey, this was always a modder's beta so the reasons are fair enough. That said my modding has ground to a halt as the materials and reflection are just too broken and limited at this stage.

9. steve30x

steve30x Registered

Honestly you guys ant communication from ISI but the last time they gave you guys info and a release date what happened was not a nice thing to see. I dont blame them for not communicating and telling you guys whats to come and when. You can only blame yourselves for this. If you didnt backlash like you did you would be getting more info.

10. Baboulinet

Baboulinet Registered

It's your point of view, not mine...

11. Tiger

Tiger Registered

like everyone here, I would prefer an information from ISi rather than this posters who claim for a refund...
    it's a beta, we know!
    soon, racing seasons will begin, and we can't even finalise our mod, too many informations and possibly patches are missing, and it's far to be easy to work and advance in a dark tunnel...
    when, we'll arrive in the other side, we all wish that all we have done waiting for The Game, will work!

so, come on, ISI, time for com!
    you were so prolific in the waiting time before release the beta, what's up now?
    I do think that we all deserve better than what we see now in this forum, some informations on how things go on, some screenshots, some return from bug found by racers, etc etc...

12. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

They were already using the Madness engine by then, and while it's partly based on ISI tech, there was already very little left of it by then. Now it's already all gone except for some low level suspension code, and that's on it's way out too. So you can say that they've already gotten rid of it by now already.

If you do decide to join (and I really do urge people to join, more quality feedback is never a bad thing, just like I urge people to join the rF2 beta too) be prepared that it's not going to be anywhere near as polished as rF2 beta is. You will most likely experience controller problems and must tweak settings quite a bit still at this point and things can be erratic at times, but it's well worth the effort, and will help with getting a better end result. It will feel different from other sims you might be accustomed to, but IMHO not any more different than rF1 is from LFS for example.

13. Novis

Novis Registered

I'm wondering what all the people here complaining do in a beta program? Obiously you have no idea whats its all about. A beta program is not for you to have fun playing but to help resolve any issues and give feedback to the developers. Stop complaining about everything and instead help contribute so we can have some progress. If you have nothing meaningful to feed ISI with then don't take up their time. They have better things to do than read hundreds of useless posts each day. If your not here to help out come back and start playing when the game is released.

I probably wait awhile. I think I can only handle one beta program at a time... :)

14. Kiro

Kiro Registered

then just do it and go away.

15. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

and the role of developers on the feedback received from users?

advancing the answer .....
    Quoting message i received:
    "...Most of our serious support doesn't even happen in the forum."

Another quote from techinical support:
    "If you're unhappy with the name in the game you can either wait for us to update how you can deal with the name change, not run online, ignore it, or ask for a refund."
    But i know there are better exemples to ilustrate what i´m talking about legitimate questions done in this forum and what technical support was given to users/costumers of this "BETA" software.
    To illustrate the relationship between users/developers:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...ow-They-Relate-to-Video-Card-Driver-AA-Levels

16. Novis

Novis Registered

Once again you don't get it. During the beta program it's you that are here to help them not the other way around. Any support they give back to you are just a bonus. They only want enough information to know if there is a problem and then what the problem is. Once they release the game the roles are reversed and first then have you the right to ask for anything. Next time you join a beta program try to understand what you are getting yourself into.

I'm sure ISI have learned a lesson from this experiment and this is the last time we ever see an open beta program from them.

17. Alesi

Alesi Registered

This is all very strange. i dont understand peoples who says stop complaining, ISI working hard, this is beta for feedback only.. From which posts u can see that they (ISI) working hard. what do they do? where is post like^ we fix that, change that, working on that stuff etc..? NOTHING.. U say "A beta program is not for you to have fun playing but to help resolve any issues and give feedback to the developers." Ok. A lot of people gave their feedback during month+, where is feedback ISI on users (modders) feedback? again NOTHING... There should be feedback from ISI too!!
    Now we have empty servers, people doesnt interesting anymore beta - cause they are waiting for an update that will fix some (alot) bugs to start testing this update...but nothing is going on from ISI

18. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Yes, i don´t get it. Why i pay for a full price of "BETA" software and not treated as an ordinary consumer, and have "right" for appropriate technical support or not even feel me or other people being part of a product development.
    I don´t get why in hell i didn´t hit this gotdamn refund button yet. Maybe deep inside i have hope that the company who i still trust will see this is not clever way to treat their support users/costumers/fans

19. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered

It seems people still don't get it.

This BETA release was so that modders/developers could see what and how they need to create content and addons. The bonus in this, for ISI, was the chance to get even further constructive feedback from racers, but there have been way too many instances of ignorance to the purpose of the open BETA release.

Nobody paid for the BETA. We paid in advance for the full release and in return get to play with this version for up to six months prior to the full 'Official' release.

20. Novis

Novis Registered

I guess that they are working hard on the game probably because of the lack of posts on the forum. It's a hard act for a small team to get the balance right. I would say it's impossible as there are always people wanting more. How many do they have not dedicated to devolopment to spare? How many are needed to answer posts from a hoard of people always wanting more? You don't want a developer scanning the whole forum just looking for a problem post (but that is what they actually have to do). Someone else should have that task and then handle the issue over to some developer to not take away valuable time. Ask yourself the question, what would you like them to do: Work on the game or sit around reading the forum? Put yourself in their shoes for a minute. Please, give them some slack, they are doing the best they can.

You have pre-paid for the final release to be able to join the beta program. This is currently still a beta program none the less. No, you have no right at all to demand anything because the software you paid for has not been delivered to you yet. And finally, yes you are part of the product development process. Thats exactly what beta testing is all about, volunteering to test and help find potential issues.

Thank you for taking the time to read. Now, let's get on with it!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2012