Any more 1967 tracks in the works?

Discussion in 'Locations' started by GCCRacer, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

3. cyruscloud

cyruscloud Registered

Just wanted to comment on a few things, one classic tracks would be cool, there are a number of gpl tracks I would like to remake and Dundrod is actually very doable, IOM though eh that would require a large team.

I feel like Project Cars is riding some kind of middle ground, graphics wise and career mode is a lot like Gran Turismo or Forza however it falls short on polished presentation, car count, tuning, etc. On the other hand it has a lot of sim like options like weather and time shifting in all scenarios, qualifying, practice and such, however physics wise its well behind RF2 or AC in my opinion and sort of debatable when pair against Forza and GT, it excels in some areas but loses bad in others for me its mostly the tire model that is lacking. So PCars right now sort of rides the rails of both audiences thus why its selling I believe, it gives a taste of both worlds, however it leaves you wanting if you are strongly a bias to the PC sim or Console Semi-Sim side of things. One thing it does provide is a very immersive experience.

If people were to back a group of experience modders to the same level they backed ProjectCars then RF2 or AC or even both could become complete titans in the sim world. If myself and several others from the AC or RF2 side of track modding along with maybe the URD guys and maybe Team Apex or something were to get together to work on a massive addon, and the fans made some noise and supported it like they did PCars it could be quite incredible.

4. Linus27

Linus27 Registered

Totally agree with you 100%.

5. willevans

willevans Registered

Probably Pcars sales are because they have career modes so it is not just a bare bones simulation but a gaming challenge too. Let's face it, that IS what it is all about even in the real world. It's ironic a little since rFactor had that and only needed to develop it some more alongside rfactor2 development.
    I'm not saying I know more than the ISI team because obviously that would be stupid, but I still feel this is where they might have tripped up a bit. Throughout the forums we keep seeing racers trying to implement some sort of challenge series but it's not really the same thing as the built in stuff and not working out so well.
    I bet Pcars took a long hard look at what made GPL tick (and still keep ticking). Very experienced simmers in GPL are still taking on the racing challenges that were built into the game.

Anyway those are some of my thoughts about the whys and wherefores etc;

Regards to all ;)

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Agree 100% on your assessment of PCars. However, even if we had an uber-mod, the base rF2 experience (all issues, including lack of marketing and "normal" distribution channel) would dissuade 90% and cause many issues for the 10% who bit (which would reflect the same situation for all of us already here). It would help immensely, but we cannot ever move rF2 to mass popularity when ISI is stubbornly determined to keep their own business practices and the product in the niche realm. The uncompromising niche-ness is what makes rF2 magical and what makes it unpopular. Frustrating, but after 10 years there is no indication of anything changing in ISI's approach.

7. sergioloro

sergioloro Registered

yes it is, same as Ahvenisto.
    Basically i was work on a new 3d mesh for both tracks, fixing stuff, and so on.
    At some point rf2 stop to work at my PC and get tired. a few weeks ago i had to format and reinstall everything and rf2 start to work again.
    i want to move to blender for track editing and just read there is a new tool similar to AC editor and thats great news, i got tired of 3dsmax CTD and freeze.
    so basically i hope on next months had this 2 tracks ready for people who donate, i suppost some of them are going to be disapointing for time it take but a lot of problems show up but at end they are going to receive the tracks.
    i am going to keep editing 60's tracks and hope learn and master everything to make nice track for rf2 ad AC.
    cheers

sergio loro

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Hopefully that gJED can do what you're looking for, I am quite interested in Hockenheim.

9. Woodee

Woodee Registered

10. sergioloro

sergioloro Registered

it looks like is a great tool for modders :)
    except for some details as meshes names, materials names, assets to control lap time, the way groovee is represented and so others few things, a 3d mesh track is the same for RF2 and AC, right now the big problem is that AC need fbx files and this files can not be generated with meshes that had gmotor materials assigned, but now we can had a basic 3d mesh with standard materials and use fbx file for both sims, like i says still some work to do, but at least not to reedit 200 materials by hand, wich sometimes causes what we call "burnout" :). so i feel very happy about this and note that ISI made a great move here :)