Any 2009-13 Kers Solution?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ho3n3r, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

We're using a 2009 mod, and we want to simulate KERS. The only option is to half-arse it with temp boost, but that's dependent on a lot of factors, and it's not working well due to rises and falls in temperature could severely impact the usage of it..

So, does anyone know a way to simulate the usage of only 6.6 seconds of KERS per lap?

Thanks in advance.

@osiris32

2. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Sorry, sadly that feature is not in rF2 at all atm (per lap boost)

But im sure when they do implelment it, it will be bloody overcomplicated like everything they do.. have you checked out their new engine fuel mixture stuff? Its looks more complicated than construction plans for CERN in Switzerland :-D

Ho3n3r likes this.
  3. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Exactly, so maybe someone has an elegant solution - maybe a custom plugin created? Hence the thread.

If you recall, rFactor 1 didn't have it either, but rFHighVoltage simulated it very well.

4. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Nothing i am aware of

5. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Replying to your edit.

No, I haven't actually. Would be cool to look at. :) Is it private info?

6. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

No, it was just a guess based on observation

7. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

There is nothing implemented in game. I am hoping that this will get properly simulated, along with the LMP1 hybrid systems, in the future.

My speculation: I think S397 are busy with the DX11 update. I think once that is released, and getting the stock car rules finally completed, I can see them getting all the hybrid types and rules ingame.

8. TJones

TJones Registered

To my understanding the physic part is more to ISI side of the partnership, i don't see much improvent here for over 6 month now.
    There are many aspcts in this area which could be done or improved. Besides electrical/hybrid systems, for example:
    - influence of track temperature on tyres.
    - more correct heat generation for tyres sliding over low friction surface, like grass.
    - better gearshift/clutching simulation.
    - drivetrain flexing and backlash simulation.
    - realroad improvements on track temperature and wetness/aquaplaning.

S397 is very busy with two major task (new UI and graphics engine), i just hope they're not left alone with the whole development.

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The general process for hacking KERS would be to use the Hand Brake. Essentially you create negative braking force so that when the hand brake button is held down, the car speeds up a little. Using the Handbrake means you can limit it's use by placing a high brake wear rate value. So that it would only last 3 or 4 uses(or whatever amount you need). The exact formula? I can't say, due to my lack of experience with rF2. But I'm sure with the above guidelines somebody might come up with the lines needed to implement.

The Iron Wolf likes this.