Anti Cheat software

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hutch-SCO, Oct 10, 2010.

1. ´goggo1peter

´goggo1peter Registered

@ jonelsorel
    I done it long time ago

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

sorry to go Off-Topic, but in this sense Hutch would it not be better to split the 280 drivers into seperate Leagues? thus helping with finding and eliminating the cheaters?
    The league I'm involved have had no cheaters as far as I'm aware and its a quality legue to be involved with, personally a decent league is the best answer to race against non-cheaters if you will.

3. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

O believe that Hutch refereed to number of drivers on his portal. But I can see no difference.
    For 280 drivers you may have about 8 racing series with aprox 35 drivers. How do you check if some one is cheating or not.
    Most of drivers are anonymous internet users (means they are not your friends) for whom you provide simracing service.

Just think more globaly about simracing. Not as racing with a few friends Sunday evening.

4. V6_

V6_ Registered

I like how some people think 'we can't fix them all, so lets fix none.' Crowd Control is important to everything with a community, make it so that anybody can cheat and anybody will cheat.

Leagues record and analyze replays so any cheaters are definitely kicked after the first race (or if they're dumb, practice).

5. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

That is correct maxym there is no way to check people are cheating or to prove they are unless its blatently obvious.

The drivers are in seprate leagues as you well know having raced in them yourself marc, every league should be cheat free but without any protection it open things up to speculation and puts doubts in peoples minds.

If someone joins your league and cheats won't it be 'decent' anymore ? just because the one guy chose to cheat it hardly lowers the quality of that league does it, and as you put it 'as far as your aware' you wouldn't know yourself if someone was cheating in the first place.

Correct mate, although if it is possible to cheat someone will try it be it your best friend or clan member you have known for years, curiosity killed the cat.

In the uk and new zealand leagues most of our oval mods use contact, which means that its not all about having the fastest lap but also about how solid the car is with contact, the ease of turning aids on with certain programes in rfactor makes this an issue for 'our' leagues.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2010
  6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yeah get your point Hutch, obviously theres Two types of Cheats: Those that hijack the program to get Driving Aids etc, Those that blatantly dont obey the rules. Thankfully the league I'm currently in the Admin do a superb job of the latter of the two, as for the 1st type I highly doubt we have anyone who would resort to that low level.
    The 1st type of cheat I believe is something ISI might have to look into themselves, some sort of encryption thing I dunno not my area of expertise (sp?). Either way you will always get hackers looking to exploit games to allow people to Cheat....so no matter what Tool is used or what ISI do to try to prevent it from happening, it will eventually happen. Best thing is to not be too paranoid about it IMO, if someones you thiunk is hacking the game to cheat then speak with your league Admins, if its a Pick-up Race then quit and join another server!

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Thanks for taking the discussion better again. Please leave "crack pipe" and babies pacifiers out of discussions about racing sims. Again, we love reading differing opinions on everything whether you agree with each other or not. It is really important that you respect each other enough that we get to read them. :)