Another "hopefully one day our sims will sound like this" thread :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinelli, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Minibull

Minibull Member

I have to bump this for Spinelli, dunno if you've heard it man. I'd say this kind of thing is a good step forwards for sounds in simracing. What do you think?

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Ya Minibull, that's definitely a good step in the right direction. For sure.

1. You can feel the sound as more "wide" and "air/environment filling" when the car is far away (this is part of how we can tell a car is very loud even though it may sound quiet to us - decibels wise - if we are physically located very far from the car), but then becomes more detailed, sharp, direct/"in your face" as it gets closer to you.

2. You can hear definite differences in sound dynamics as the car goes from the nose facing you to the rear facing you (from 0:25 to 0:30, again from 1:03 to 1:12). I'm not sure if the sound engine is adjusting multiple car sounds (engine, intake, exhaust, etc) or if the sound engine only adjusts a single overall car-sound (like rF), but regardless, it's doing a nice job of adjusting the sound based on what direction the car is facing relative to the camera.

The sound engine is doing a nice job of dynamically adjusting the car's sound based on a multitude of variables.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2014
  3. Ashes

Ashes Registered

Proof of time travel at 2:53 - guy is using an iPhone 6!

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Lolol!!!