Another great modding team is switching from rfactor to AC!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Led566

Led566 Registered

In a precedent post post you stated that the build 49 screenshot was get at 10, now the second is at 13.
    So the time is different. The period of the year is probably different also.
    Simply put, from a lighting condition standpoint the two shots are not comparable.

Or at least, if they were real photos, I don't DARE to compare, in order not to be ridiculised by fellows photographers.

Then is perfectly possibile that ISI has changed the light rendition system, I don't know, for sure they changed the HDR profiles, but again, you can't tell which is better or more realistic from that two shots.

Speaking about HDR profiles and light rendition, you surely know that you can build your own profiles, so you can run build 910 as it was build 49, or a mix between the two.

HAving hopefully clarified what I intended, I will not answer other posters silly comments to my post.

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Lol

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Would be nice if it gave you a option not to install all the cars hey. hehehe

Oh rFactor2 does that ! lopl

Having to trawl for cars to manually flick is so 2004.

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Ya, I'm surprised AC is still using the manual method of messing about with, and dragging and dropping, individual files and folders. If anything, I thought AC would be the ones to be using a user-friendly, 1-file, 1-click-install mod install method and rF2 still using the old, cumbersome way of manually dealing with files and folders.

One thing they both need to sort out (and RF2 is finally improving in this area thanks to people finally starting to use the "Third Party Mods" section at the top of the page [click here) is mod release/update announcements. Searching through a million threads is ridiculous and then going back page after page on every thread for every single car, track, and plugin you have ever downloaded, is just hysterically ridiculous and reminds me of how things were done in the 80s or 90s. It's actually pretty much the sole reason why I have hardly downloaded any AC mods, and why the few I have downloaded are outdated versions hence they're unusable (I can't use the two live timing, hotlap/laptime comparison plugins because manually having to go checking threads every day to do an "update investigation" is tedious as hell, so thanks to that, I'm unable to use them). Manually checking 6 billion pages of 2 billion threads for every single car, track, and plugin I have ever downloaded for a game/games is already enough for me on one site for one game (RF2), nevermind two. Next thing I know I'm going to be opening and checking LITERALLY hundreds and hundreds of threads every day to compare the release dates and version numbers of every single car, track, and plugin I have ever downloaded to those installed on my PC. I might as well make a part-time job out of it. It's ludicrous. Thank god people are finally starting to use the RF2 TPM section.

I mean, I have the Lola T280 mod in v1.4, yet the official thread (one of two different threads that are both on the first page I might add) says that the newest version is only v1.3 (im guessing v.13 means v1.3). I must have lucked-out and downloaded the new v1.4 off someone's server from the autodownload ("getmod") feature because I only see v1.3 in the thead's OP and nothing mentioned of v1.4 in the OP or the latest thread-page. Maybe if I take my microscope out and do a full-on investigation digging through the entire thread, I might find a post buried somewhere in there with a v1.4 announcement and download link. LOL!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2015
  5. I3bullets

I3bullets Registered

What reality looks like at typical race times:
    http://image.superstreetonline.com/f/38251785+w+h+q80+re0+cr1/epcp-1108-04-o%2Bvolkswagen-motorsport-race-weekend%2Bfredrik-ekblom.jpg

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attachments/indian-motorsport/1273505d1407860837t-purple-club-torque-day-xuv5oos-madras-motorsports-race-track-img_2185.jpg

http://www.holland.com/upload_mm/0/8/1/909_fullimage_zandvoort%20motorsport%20circuit%20park%20zandvoort%20650x350.jpg_560x350.jpg

What some people seem to think it should look like:
    http://assets.vg247.com/current//2013/06/Forza5_E3_Screenshot_02.jpg

On topic: People come, people go. Such is life.
    Go to any "AC forum" and people will say: "I never tried rF2, it looks like crap". Confronted with "Hey, but what about AC's lack of features (flags, pit stops, formation laps, and so on)?" they will most likely say "Yeah, but AC looks better, I wouldn't notice flags anyway!" (I . Here or any other "rF2 forum" it most likely will be the other way around.
    GFX sells so no wonder some modders are tempted to "turn their cloaks" and go to AC (more "customers"). But again: Such is life.
    rF2 has a lot of the right features (more than any other sim I tried) and IMO it suffers from a bad reputation out there. (We had this discussion before, no need to heat it up again.)

If only we could look into the future and know how it will turn out with rF2, AC, pCars and whoknowswhat. Discussions like this one at hand are just a matter of belief systems, are they not? ;)

6. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I'm going to speak theoretically here; I'm not saying this is indeed the case with the DRM guys, or that RF2 or AC is better/worse than the other...

If modders go to a game with inferior physics just because the game has "shinier" graphics then I don't understand how they can claim to be "sim" modders. They are video game modders, not "sim" modders. If you are a "sim" modder you would not choose fancier pixels over vehicle dynamics. When Schumacher sits in his car, all he cares about is the driving, not how pretty his paint job is, or how shiny his wheels are, or how romantic the sunset looks.

People that believe graphics are at the level of importance where they (GFX) can make up for inferior vehicle dynamics are obviously not in it for the "sim-ness", but just the video-game as a whole. I mean, everyone loves nice graphics, but to choose the product with inferior physics?? It doesn't matter how good the graphics or sound or U.I. or whatever is, in the end all you're doing (unless you're a screenshot/movie junkie) is just driving the car, that's it, and therefore all that truly matters is physics and FFB. Just like in real racing, all that matters is your car's performance and handling, not how pretty it looks or how nice the sun reflects.

I would hardly even call people I described above racing-simulation fans, but rather just racing video-game fans. Just like a person who would choose a slower but prettier car - when it comes to race day itself - is hardly thinking/acting like a true racing driver, but more just a general car-fan.

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

So it's not alright when someone doesn't answer you, but it's perfectly ok for you to continue to ignore my requests for a reasonable reason as to why AI was mentioned in your posts earlier in the thread? (a long with the other items on the list you have yet to back up with I might add)

...oh and dont use the "stay on topic" argument as this thread has merged into many topics, (PM me if you like), I just want a reasonable response :)

8. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

+1 to that and to the numerous calls for calm, manners and objectivity.
    As the sun sets on this conversation which recalls Gaza politics more than Stockholm syndrome to me I will add.

I have noticed since 1997 that there are two tribes.
    The Physics tribe and the Graphics tribe.
    They never seem to understand each other.

One will talk suspension movements to justify their argument
    and the other will answer with a screenshot.
    One will have physics
    the other features

In addition I will mention that these threads do often show an incredible lack of personal respect.
    Its not disrespetful to disagree strongly but it is direspectful to ignore a direct question and just repeat yourself or just up the insults without dealing with the issue under discussion.
    When you attack an idea with facts to support your view, you educate and even occasionally increase understanding. When you attack a person you create someone who will no longer listen to you. Yes they will argue with you but they won't listen to you.
    Its incredibly poor form to lie about previous conversations. Shame on anyone that did.

I have also finally learned what a troll or hater is.
    also

There is a term coined by the Washington Post word competition where you replace one letter to change a word and its meaning.
    Classics include "Foreploy"-the lies you tell to get into bed with someone.
    "Reintarnation" - a Hillbilly belief in the afterlife.
    The one we need to avoid here is
    "The Bozone Layer"-the impenetrable layer that stops new information getting in.

There is a habit to just ignore the concise points that dont conform to your own views and beliefs Or to rely on more and more peripheral and out of date information.
    Its a case of "I've made up my mind dont try to confuse me with facts"
    So that gets us back to the post I quoted. Belief systems. Not everyone shares yours. They might be in the other tribe. Go forth and enjoy your sim/game, just dont expect others to all agree with you.

I have to go now-its Daniel Ricciardo calling from Milton Keynes. They need someone to work on the graphics of the simulator aparently the screenshots are not good enough.
    Peace -out.

9. pas74

pas74 Registered

Mmhhhhh.....another great mod...... has been released "oh strange" for RF2! ....Seat Leon eurocup 2014 is out!!

10. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Thanks David, atleast I'm not the only one that sees it. I don't see why Tim hasn't closed this thread to be honest, it's the same 10people regurgetating their own damn arguments over and over. I don't see the point since they're just talking among themselves, there is literally nothing they have to prove and nobody to prove it to since there's only frikking RF2 fans here.
    The constant over exaggerations, the need to put everything else down one way or another, ...
    It's literally worse than a playstation vs xbox shouting match.

Who knows, maybe the constant reassuring and repeating about how it's obviously better than everything else is just a subconcious thing to keep believing it for yourself. I mean, it must be pretty obvious by now that you can't sway everyone to think the same way or have the same priority(ies). Some will drive a turd because it's shiny, others will drive it because they heard it has "better" physics (of which I'm sure that 99% of that group couldn't even define what the term better physics means) and others would you believe it, actually enjoy both. Seeing how we're not in 1995 anymore and things have evolved to a point where things can look nice without having to make compromises because your P3 800mhz with it's Riva TNT32mb GPU can't handle anything else.

Not everything has to have a clear winner, things can co exist without having the need to constantly put it down.
    But in the end, that's sort of how hardcore fans work for everything be it PC vs Apple, PS vs Xbox, Fristi vs Cecemel, ....

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Who died and made you king? if we wanna argue we're gonna argue...it's a free forum afterall! now jump off your high horse and go put the kettle on, it's Tea time!

12. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

and with that........
    Normal service has resumed.

I knew the soldiers would never be allowed to play football with their enemies for long.

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

LOL!

14. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

If I didn't know we were talking about simracing, I'd think SOME of you guys were modern political candidates.
    You don't have to 'sell' simracing..neither do you have to put one title down to hype the other.
    Modders are entitled to do work for whatever platform they choose...for whatever reason.
    This is not a win/loss situation.
    Drive both sims to get what you want.
    You'll be better off for doing so.

15. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I have no clue what you're on about regarding my citation marks.
    I have no special way of quoting you. If I quote you, then I quote you, using the quotation function.
    If I put something in citation marks, it's likely not directed at you, even though you'd apparently love if it was.
    This is getting a bit too confrontational man, and again, your way of communicating is beyond confusing.

I also have no clue why you're so sure that everything little thing I write is directed personally at you.
    Again, Ari, if I wanted to direct something directly at you, to get a response from you, I'd use your quotes.
    You aren't the only one who has expressed anxiety about the future of rF2 though. It was directed more generally to those people.

So maybe you should keep things a bit more on topic too mate, instead of derailing and degrading the communication with odd accusations regarding the true meaning of what I write.

Oh and don't tell me what to do, stay on topic and don't tell me to leave lol. ;)

16. Eduard Mallorquí

Eduard Mallorquí Banned

Graphics are too mainstream, a true rFactor2 driver drives with the monitor turned off.

17. tjc

tjc Registered

lol... :p

Now that`s hardcore!!!

18. Miro

Miro Registered

I don't know. rF2 has set a new sim standard which I do not want to miss anymore reagarding driving. No AC or any other game gets close to this.
    If somebody is a GFX rrrore it is up to him but that is still no reason to constantly switch about the people who don't give a hit about GFX's. Like it or not.
    Some sarcastic sidenotes do not help either. Just redundant.

19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Other things about rF2, sense of speed and wind immersion are magic.

No other sim in these regards do it for me, I detest motion blur too

20. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Lol I wonder if the F1 teams use ridiculous sepia post processing filters in their sims. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.