Released Announcing Daytona for rFactor 2

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 31, 2022.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

If you are running laps, change to time. so from 20 laps to 30 minutes..or whatever time you desire. The bug is not the track but the rF2 AI behavior in general.

2. atomed

atomed Member

Did you let the AI practice? That issue usually comes after not letting them do some laps for fuel calculations or because restarting the race directly from the pause menu instead of.the.monitor session settings.

3. BeefyPeeg

BeefyPeeg Registered

Yep, I think I confused them by making some changes to the grid, and not allowing enough practice and qualifying time. I ran the exact same race again the following day. This time, I let practice run for a little while, and ran a full 25-minute qualifying session. Everything worked perfectly! :)

vava74 likes this.
  4. nounoubleu

nounoubleu Registered

Is anyone knows the max number of opponents (AI) / garages accepted on RC?
    I couldn't find it anywhere

Edit: Ok it must be 45 (46 with me). With 45 AI, I have 80-100fps, with 46 it drops to less than 30.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
  5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

try putting 60 ai cars, then in the garage use an exterior camera to view all the double parked cars. Subtract those from 60 and it SHOULD be the max.
    I have been whining for years to have that information included in the track description.

Bernat, Emery and nounoubleu like this.
  6. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

in gdb: Max Vehicles = 74

42 pit spots = 84 garages

Emery, davehenrie and nounoubleu like this.
  7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I took my advice and found I could 'see' at least 65 garages. Was gonna try more but rF2 crashed going back to the main menu.

8. Emery

Emery Registered

That's your computer running out of resources, not rF2.

Lazza likes this.
  9. MotherDawg

MotherDawg Registered

Suggestion !

For having raced in real cars on real tracks, flaggers and their flags and the signal lights around the tracks, they are really visible.

At CMS Racing, we just had a 2.4 on the S397 Daytona with over forty entries and, as I am a steward and presently reviewing incident requests, we had a situation where a few cars spun at the Buss Stop.

The little yellow blinker did start to flash but anyone that was going in and looking at the apex of the first left hander... never saw that tiny, barely lighting, flasher. We run with 75% damage, a few guys saw their race end right there.

My suggestion is: It is nice to have things done as closely to real life but due to computer graphic limitation, the tiny blinkers, they need to be the size of a billboard, or something, as it is a game first and we play it to have fun. It is very annoying to quit an event with smoke coming out of our ears because of frustration.

At many places on all kinds of tracks, the flaggers are inside the armco and not in the line of view. IRL Flaggers signal as far out overt the guardrail as they can... I know, I've done that too.

Big flags, big flasher, really in our faces so drivers can slow down before an incident.

Thank You.

pkelly likes this.
  10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

IN THE PLAYER.JSON file....(jeez, I forgot that)
    If you have thie following set to 2, then icons should appear onscreen whenever pitstops are requested, flags, etc.

"Display Icons":2,
    "Display Icons#":"Icons displayed if HUD is off: 0 = none, 1 = flags only, 2 = all",

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
    Bernat likes this.
  11. MotherDawg

MotherDawg Registered

I personally have them on but online, you can only suggest it be switched on.

But this is not a debate... This track, S397 Daytona, a DLC, needs a review of its flag rules and display. upload_2023-2-4_11-1-46.png

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Looks to me like there just wasn't a yellow yet. That's not about where flags/flashers are positioned (including on screen).

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

There should be a threshold which can be defined that determines how sensitive flags getting thrown is. I would assume road racing is more relaxed than ovals,(even though Daytona is Half an Oval it would still fall under road course rules) If both cars were underway then the chances of a yellow probably are greatly reduced. Where that setting is for a server? I'm not sure, I would think it would be the equivalent of the player.json but for multiplayer. I've never hosted or even attempted to so, as usual, looking for somebody else to finish the answer.

14. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

The default for Display Icons is 2. So even if you don't have a hud turned on, I'm pretty sure the yellow flag icon will display.
    I think it was NASCAR Racing 2 that had giant flagmen and flags and ACC has that now. I've wondered if that would be a more realistic compromise than having a yellow flag icon.

But as Lazza points out, if a yellow flag is not yet displayed by the game then that won't matter. I'm assuming you're not running FCYs and want to see a local yellow flag displayed sooner. I'm guessing that's not a simple parameter change. I wonder if some of the stock car guys would have more insight into when a yellow flag is triggered, except they use FCY.

Another more realistic option is to have some fixed cameras positioned in the trouble spots monitored by spectators authorized to call a yellow flag over TS or Discord or to use the admin command /throwyellow. Good luck getting people to sit there for 2 1/2 hours doing that.;)

15. RoWo

RoWo Member

You can define this in the RFM file you use for the rFMod.

Emery and davehenrie like this.
  16. MotherDawg

MotherDawg Registered

As I wrote in the supplied screen, the incident had been happening for a few seconds. The cars involved had time to go 4 wheels off in the grass inside the apron and had started to climb back up in front of oncoming cars. The flags on this DLC looks like tiny blinkers and are quite hard to discern from a far.

@RoWo You want the leagues to force people to install a custom RFM on an official DLC they paid for ?
    How about... this could be enough of a reason for many participants to shy away from the event/series the admins are trying so hard to attract drivers to...

17. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

THERE ARE STANDARD ICONS that will display on your screen, not tiny trackside flags. What you want already exists.
    upload_2023-2-25_10-23-29.png

pkelly likes this.
  18. MotherDawg

MotherDawg Registered

@davehenrie I answered you the first time you mentioned it:
    I personally have them on but on. But you can only suggest they be switched on.
    No one can force anyone to do anything. Further more, one can say they have them on but really do not.

These in car flags... do not appear if the sector hasn't been set to yellow. In the screen I inserted, even if cars are spinning everywhere, the section has not been set to yellow. so your solution... does not work here. Please.

BTW, I was not caught in that pileup. I just had to issue penalties to the instigators... and mop up the frustrations of the others that got their race ruined mainly because of next to non existent three pixel wide flag signals.

There is no excuse or solution except making these tiny blinkers way bigger.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2023
  19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Your screenshot indicated the panels aren't yellow yet. Hence it's not about visibility, but about the yellow threshold - local or full course. (which, in rF2, is its own topic)