[SOLVED] AMD low FPS solution for me

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Sting, Jul 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Sting

Sting Registered

Hi All,

I just wanted to share the solution I found for the low FPS problem with AMD graphics cards that I experienced with the 'R9 280x' and the 'RX 580'.

While playing, RF2 would always be stuck at 30-40fps no matter what video card settings I used within RF2. Even a GPU upgrade didn't do anything. Recently I noticed when I moved the mouse while driving, the fps would go to 60fps. This behavior comes from 'AMD Chill'. However I never turned on 'AMD Chill' for RF2 in the Radeon settings. But 'AMD Chill' was turned on in the Radeon Global settings..

Now this is what worked for me:
    Go to Radeon Settings > Gaming > Global Settings, and turn off 'Chill' and disable 'Frame Rate Target Control'. Next, go to Radeon Settings > Gaming > rFactor 2, and again disable 'Frame Rate Target Control'.

Running the game now gives me a steady 230fps with all settings maxed out with the RX 580.

That's it. That's all I know. Hope it helps someone!

Goanna likes this.
  2. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i have XFX RX 580 4 Giga but fps is cool
    gonna try your trick anyway
    Thanks mate

Edit:Those things were disabled allready by default so thats why i have good fps maybe

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Yeah, disabled on my RX 480 well.
    can't get near your numbers, but it's two years old. I'll take what I have for now;.

4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

AMD settings are crazy, already had a setting I made for a game being applied to the global thus affecting every game :rolleyes:
    It's a good idea to check from time to time if everything is set right in their software

5. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

also for better fps try set to multi-sampling instead of super-sampling which is very gpu hungry.
    you can gain almost 10 precious fps from 35 to 45 which makes a good difference without really sacrifice any image quality