Am I the only one thinking payware could be rFactor2's death knell?

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Marvin Morgan, Mar 10, 2013.

1. MagnusD

MagnusD Registered

Well, you've got to invest in the modder to keep him/her motivated if you think that what they do i justifiable to let them know he/she is going 'right' in the direction they have chosen. I've paid for the EnduranceRacingX mod knowing that it is in a beta stage with continuous updates, just like I bought rF2 knowing it would be in a beta stage for some time. I really don't see any difference, it's just like people who bought/invested in p-cars. And speaking of that particular mod it does stand out more quality-wise than most other car mods that are available despite lacking cockpits atm. It's just more thorough then the rest.

I don't get the hysteria behind payware mods. It's been around for years in the flight-sim community, it's almost standard practice there and noone complains. I've been somewhat simultaneously involved in both communities for almost over ten years, however I'm bigger fan of cars than I am of airplanes and I've always been baffled why so much of the modding put out for sim-racing has been free. Sure it is the legal side of it, but then again I've failed to see any donation buttons from some of the bigger teams/modders that put out true quality stuff. I think it's only a matter of time when 'this' arrived and it looks like it has, I don't think it will kill the modding scene.
    Passion is hard to conquer. Also, remember that GTR by SimBin basically was an improved/modified version of an ISI-engine that they charged for, where's the difference?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2013
  2. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

edit: nevermind

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2013
  3. speed1

speed1 Banned

Yes and i don't mind what anybody does, just thinking loud what i would do if. I'm not going to mod anything yet. :)

4. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

GTR was a licensed product, like GSC. That makes a difference to me. I would actually welcome fantasy content like in LFS, instead of approximate stuff like ERX.