Altering ISI_Mods?

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by mjmueller, Feb 18, 2013.

1. mjmueller

mjmueller Registered

Hello,

Can I open the team.mas for the C6R and add some teams? Would this cause missmatches if I play online?

Regards,

mj

2. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

You could, but when you pack it again it will be a seperate MOD, no mismatches

3. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

I think that the mod will not even work if you dont repack whole mod again. It happened to me once when i wanted to update only team mas files once that i made changes and if you would just repack it will cause missmatch to i think, got something reported from league on Aura beta that they use actually same files but one was new package only to allow them to do vmod.
    I think ISI needs to add this future, to add new teams in simple way like skins.

4. Hazi

Hazi Registered

+1
    and AIW file to change AI without packing again

5. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Surely you cannot change AIW (part of track component) without repacking AND make it work online.

You CAN repack ISI content, but it requires a bit of work and as written a new rfmod aswell

6. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

If you do anything to the original mod it will not work online anymore. So you need to get a new ID for it. This ID is then unique to that mod and still wont work until that mod with that ID is distributed so you have more then just yourself with that mod ID regardless of Vmod. Of cause you'll also need a Vmod so this new mod has a track or two to play on.

End result is if you tamper with a mod you'll get mismatch to anything running that mod "but" with a different ID.

Did I see someone say No mismatch? It's not called mismatch these days but it's a mismatch in any ones language when you are unable to use your mods and tracks when the server has the same content running.

Unless your in a league and have some say or control over the content being loaded on a server were mod updates are a part of the normal running of the leagues you'd be well advised not to edit anything in those packs. Even text, as you save the changes you delete the current ID.

7. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Improves anti-cheat, eventhough lots of people hate the system, and often don't get the point of it all

8. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Theres no have mismatches, the system gonna interpret he like a diferent content from original, i usually do, but repack with other name, like Portugal2, etc, with this you can still play online with the original content.

9. Jan Cato Larsen

Jan Cato Larsen Registered

If you just want new teams as in Paint schemes, the best easy way is just to make alternative skins for it. I am doing that now for Skippy and 370Z. Doing it for a league then makes it much faster and easier to handle. No mismatches and if you have set the serverfiles and your own plr file upload and download of said skins is no pain at all to handle.