Alter Eyepoint

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MarcG, Jan 14, 2012.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

As per rF1 the ingame alteration of the Cockpit (and mirrors for that matter) via the Arrow Keys are very limited, with rF1 you could open up the cockpit.ini file for the car in question and change the Eyepoint to something you want.....but I cant find it for RF2! I just want the Seat to go Back another X amount to get a Cockpit Position i'm happy with.

Can anyone shed any light on this please? that means anyone not just ISI staff ;)

2. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Now, you limit seat movement in HDV, under CONTROLS section.
    But you still have Eyepoint in Cockpitinfo, so...

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

uuumm what? :D

I just wanna move my seat back, wheres the file to do this? thats all I'm asking, once I know where it is I'm happy!!

4. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

You mean move seat up, down, back, and forwards?

You can map keys to that in the control settings.

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yes I know that but like I said in post #1 its limited, hence the need to edit a file ala rF1...this is the file I'm trying to find in RF2 but to no avail.

...and before anyone says it no changing the FOV does not work to my liking ;)

6. Michael Borda

Michael Borda Car Team

How far back do you want to go? Right now we're limiting rear movement to about 80mm for most mods, we can maybe allow the camera to be positioned further back in future builds. And out of curiosity, why do you want to go further back? See mirrors better, see other cars around you better? Just curious :)

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'm just very picky with my seat position, in the 1960s for example I could do with going back another 20-30 clicks and yes to see more cars around me. If I had a Triple Screen setup this would'nt be an issue of course.
    With rF1 I'd spend ten minutes with a mod first time just getting the seating position just right (exiting the sim, editing the cockpit.ini file, running the sim and repeat etc).

Sure I understand the need to keep limitations perhaps for online play but this is for offline, again its a matter of User Choice over being told and its bugging me a little bit :)

8. cpe

cpe Registered

*.ini files are in *.mas file now. When you change *.mas file content, you get bad checksum and invalid mod for online racing.

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

right thank you, now I know where they are I can edit the Eyepoint in the cockpit.ini....brilliant!

Guess I'm gonna need a second install for RF2 Offline Play then so I dont get errors Online!

10. cpe

cpe Registered

I try it. But I don't know, how I can build valid *.mft file contained *.mas files signatures. Therefore changed mod not working even in singleplayer.

11. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Out of curiosity, may we see a screenshot of your POV?

12. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

you shouldnt limit the camera position at all...

the current cockpit position makes you feel like your in the backseat..i have a wheel i dont need to see another 1 in game...its like i have 2 cockpits, mine and the games...the camera file should be open so it can be changed to suit individuals and not dictated by mod makers who have no clue

13. Michael Borda

Michael Borda Car Team

Well that's just it, the cockpit seat adjustment keys are much quicker than editing the cockpitinfo.ini and jumping in and out of the game constantly. I don't think we have any objections to allowing a bit further rearward movement, so I'll go through all the cars and readjust them. As for mirror positions,

Have a look in your PLR under
    [ Graphic Options ] for the keys to adjust mirrors using the seat adjustment keys. Actually let's make it a bit easier.

Code:
    Seat Adjustment Aft="0.00000" // use Seat* controls to save by vehicle
    Seat Adjustment Up="0.00000"
    Mirror Adjustment Horiz="0.00000" // use Shift+Seat* controls to save by vehicle
    Mirror Adjustment Vert="0.02000"
    Mirror Physical X="0.00000" // use Shift+Alt+Seat* controls to save by vehicle
    Mirror Physical Y="0.00000" // note: these physical mirror position adjustments are for the in-cockpit center mirror only
    Mirror Physical Z="0.00000"
    Left Mirror Horiz="0.00000" // use Ctrl+Seat* controls to save by vehicle
    Left Mirror Vert="0.00000"
    Left Mirror Size="1.00000"
    Center Mirror Horiz="0.00000" // use Ctrl+Alt+Seat* controls to save by vehicle
    Center Mirror Vert="0.00000"
    Center Mirror Size="1.00000"
    Right Mirror Horiz="0.00000" // use Alt+Seat* controls to save by vehicle
    Right Mirror Vert="0.00000"
    Right Mirror Size="1.00000"

14. osella

osella Registered

That's exactly what I was asking for few days ago. You guys don't love me :(

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/1766-Further-seat-position-low-FOV

Jokin ;) ;)

So what option do we have however? I too assume chaning any mod file will cause mismatches so that's not a solution. There should really be greatly increased that possible movement of seat. +-80 is very little. Make it 150 or 200, problem solved?

15. cpe

cpe Registered

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I extracted the files and edited the ini hoping that would override whats in the MAS file....but no....got a feeling this is gonna be harder than I thought :(

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yes the keys are quicker but the range is not big enough, thanks for readjusting them but I think this problem is gonna be bigger than just the cockpit view, in that its more hassle to get what the user desires, especially with the way things have changed now.
    Certainly I see the need for two seperate installs more than ever.

18. osella

osella Registered

Well it also has to do with FOV, no position can be perfect for all if somebody uses 70 deg and somebody 30 or less (like me).

19. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

i know guys that have always used cockpit view in rFactor that have switched to T-Cam in rF2 because they cant get the view EXACTLY how THEY like...locking cam file is stupid

20. Novis

Novis Registered

I don't think it is, it can be usful in some leagues that claim realism or whatever.

Using different FOVs you have to move the seat around. With higher FOV you need to have a more forward seat position and with lower FOV you want to move the seat more to the rear to get the same vision.

A solution would be to move the seat position as FOV changes.