Already worth converting mod?

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by xoa, Mar 24, 2012.

1. xoa

xoa Registered

I don't know what to do. I'd like to convert my league mod from RF1 to RF2 to take advantage of the new features and graphics, but on the other side there are still a lot of changes which will be implemented in RF2 till the final product. Our mod is pretty big and I don't know much about 3dsmax, so it will be a "fight" and a long progress for me to convert the cars.

Do you think its better to wait till RF2 is finished and some more tools are out? (in the meantime I improve the mod for RF1 by adding shaders etc.?)

Whats do you think?

2. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

My suggestion - start working on the mod asap, as it will take some time for you, if you don't have experience.
    Upgrading the mod for rF 1 by adding shaders won't make it any better for rF 2, as the new platform use its own set of shaders.

Converting 3d models is not that much of a work... you should worry much more about the new tyre model (although in Dev Mode you can still do tests with older tyre model and in that case, physics convertion is a breeze - almost like just CTRL+C -> CTRL+V).

3. xoa

xoa Registered

Yes but I'm sure that the RF2 shaders are not final yet, so I have to redo them for all cars.
    But you're right, I can use that time to learn modding with RF2 and 3dsmax.

4. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Of coure they are not final yet. But you don't have to have your models (their material properties) done perfectly. Just get them overall right and then from time to time you will update and tweak their materials and in the mean time, just focus on physics and new stuff.