Alone on server / not alone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stefan_L_01, May 28, 2019.

1. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

HI
    I was just practising on our Server in Bathurst. As long as there were other Drivers online, I was not able to match my offline times (which were done with saved realroad 2 days earlier, actually less grip, same temp and so on). I did 2.06.3xx o 2.06.7xx pushing, full fuel.
    Then the last other Driver left and - not the first time - out of Nothing my first sector time was allready -0.3 .
    But I screwed this lap. Next timed laps were 2.05.8x, 0.5 faster than in all 40 laps before. Out of Nothing. Same setups
    Then I could even improve sector 1 to this by -0.3 again to those new best times but screwed it again in the upper part, well Bathurst. However I really felt more grip since last other Driver left. I stopped but I know a 2.05.5 would be possible now. Stopped to write here.
    What ´s going on? It´s not first time I got faster when last other driver left. What could make me slow down with other Drivers ? I felt slowdowns also in races quite commonly, being far off pace quite often compared to practise times. If I joined server after race again (alone, new session), I usually could drive faster again (realroad usersave). There´s no Plugin running on my side.
    It´s pretty useless this way for me
    thx for any help
    Stefan

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I haven't experienced this. You seem to have strange variations, as per this thread.

I don't know if you've tried to check Ctrl-C or use the mentioned logging to check realtime loss, or anything else. In that thread you seem to be ready to blame specific hardware or the game not timing correctly, and even suggesting a subpar UI indicates the core timing might not be trustworthy.

System specs?

3. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Just happened right now again, 1 other on Server, lapping 2.06.2 best. He went off, I could do a 2.05.4. Another one joined right after, in 2 more trials I did not better than 2.06.03, good flow.
    And I shall do online races this way????

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Are you seeking a solution?

5. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

changing game probably

but for what is worth
    i5-8600k watercooled, MSI Z370 Gaming Pro 16GB, GTX 1060, Single Monitor rf2 in windowed mode, TM300 Wheel, cable connectected to fritzbox in 50MBit.
    No visible stutters, Performance very fine

6. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

What happens if you start lapping without knowing if there is someone? Join the server when you are sure to be alone and hide the standing and the chat and all the hud.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  7. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

you mean it´s psycho? sry, I´m not talking about race, just practise. I do not care who is 1min ahead on the track there, really, especially If they were starting to practise with +5sek laptime and so on. However if there is a bug and I enjoy dirty air just because they are there, it would be bad. The front wheels feel definitly with less grip. No Speed gain however. And sadly we do not have indicators for dirty air level.
    btw. just curious: did any tm300 Driver performed well in official competions recently?

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

TM300 drivers' performances would be about as illuminating as someone feeling less grip. If there's an issue it should be detectable or measurable.

Out of realtime caused by a wheel driver or similar would show up with Ctrl-C or my DAMPlugin.

9. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Can you tell me where are the values for realroad level or dirty air , which influence so much our pace? And even if you have a value for the data of the realroad like saved on disk, it does not mean physics reads same. There is no telemetry value for the grip level each wheel is running over afaik.
    If there are no tm drivers in the top stats but e.g. logitech, you may have a hint. Statistics is powerful.

10. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

I have a Logitech wheel for sale if that would help!

11. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

:)
    In race yesterday 2-3 people crashed with freezes. I hope S397 get the game fixed in this aspect soon, making in playable. I also had some minor very short stutters with only 20 people on the server. So maybe, or hopefully, some issues disappear with the current improvement of the core functions anyway.