All Tracks and Cars missing/deleted inside RF2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by daveklein, Dec 31, 2015.

1. daveklein

daveklein Registered

They are all deleted. Of course all the files are still in the packages dir. I tried uninstalling a track and reinstalling but nada :( Of course rebooted. Do I need to uninstall RF2 and reinstall?

I was looking at vid settings but all I changed was aliasing to off.

2. daveklein

daveklein Registered

Let me restate that. I only have the default car and track. Vette and Silverstone.

3. TPG

TPG Registered

Click on the Content button (open box) on the Launcher, make sure you're on the Local Content list and take a look at the very bottom of the launcher and make sure your Package folder path is correct..??

4. daveklein

daveklein Registered

Yep, on local content and all cars and tracks show there that have been added. Also path is correct. I also tried reloading RF2 but nope. I didn't delete it and then reinstall..... just tried reinstalling.

5. TPG

TPG Registered

Does all the content show as being installed?

Do you have any .rfmods (Vmods) installed?

also, when you go to select the Series (offline) or All Cars & Tracks are you clicking on the Accept button at the bottom..:D

6. daveklein

daveklein Registered

Yes all content shows installed

No .rfmods files only .rfcmp in packages

Oh f'k me, I'm so sorry, I dunno how that happened. "all cars and track" were not selected.

Thanks! Happy New Year! Yay, I can go drive now! Not sure why that option is there? Wouldn't people want everything available all the time? Anyways, thanks for putting up with me guys!!

7. TPG

TPG Registered

It's like a content selection filter, some people/leagues use multiple Vmods (preset Car/Track combos) and hardly use the All cars & tracks option so it makes them easier to find..glad you got it figured out, it takes running the game for awhile before everything becomes natural, I've had the game since release and I'm still learning new things regularly..I made my first .mas skin just this week :cool:

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Dave,

Can I suggest you make some simple room mods and use the dedicated menu rather then single player.

With all cars and tracks you need to shutdown to select the next car and track.

If you make mods and run them from dedicated menu rather then single player you can:

Select any cars , skins and circuit layouts you wish.
    Put tracks in any order or select any track at random and reload
    Change to any car or any skin in a session using "Car Select"
    Record best laptimes for as many cars in a session as you wish.
    Multi-task without rFactor2 pausing.

I can go on if you wish. :)

Only thing I do not like is the mod menu used to have a separate section for each author of a mod.
    So all my mods would fall under the heading of DD
    Now all mods are in one list. ? Messy was better before.

9. daveklein

daveklein Registered

Thanks TPG!!

Thanks Durege! I'll try that! Just getting my NYE on. I think yours is over and you are already up now ;) wow.

Sorry for being a idiot!

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

yeah new years done and dusted mate 1:00pm here.

Remember you do not have to foward any ports or do anything else to host a dedicated room " offline"
    You can even edit MP.json so it does not announce the room in the server list

Making simple room mods is childs play, of course you will botch them but just uninstall and delete in Mas2 and start again.

Soon you get hang on it and you will come up with many wonderful car and track combos.

Like you make KARTS you add all Kart tracks then take out any ovals or road courses like Atlanta.
    Then the menu appears to look great all kart tracks and you can select any you like while you in the room.

I could not use all cars/tracks ever again since I made my first room mod.

100 rooms like that would not affect ISI server as the rooms have barely any traffic ( only Ai)