All Thrustmaster T500 rs owners come to this thread!!!

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by fedexpress, Jan 13, 2012.

1. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

2. hechi

hechi Registered

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Hi everybody,

I just got my T500 RS and I have been looking for setups.

What does the "spring" effect do? I have notice that many have lowered it quite a bit and some has it on 100 %.

I feel that the fan is a problem. I just feel that it's not right when I play just 30 minutes the fan stays on like 10+ minutes after I have quit. I read that I shouldn't unplug it before the fan turns itself off to protect the motor. It's also quite noisy. Any solutions to this problems? Should the fan go on already after like 15-20 mins of playing?

Overall I have positive feeling but I need some time to get used to it after my Thrustmaster f430.

Thank you.

4. MrPix

MrPix Registered

From TM support...

It stays on for a cool down period.

I upgraded to the v41 firmware yesterday and noticed that the motor does not get as hot so quickly, I have no idea what they have done!

I have also replaced the fan with a silent one :) as I had it replaced twice under warranty due to failure (cheap components) and gave up after 3 months and bought a quieter one and been running for over 12 months with it now, no problems at all.

5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I always thought the t500rs operated at 400-500hz refresh/updated rate?.... I remember seeing update notes about that a long time ago. Hmmmmmm......

6. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Thanks for this useful information :)

I just spent lots of money to this thing so I assume that the parts are top-notch... don't want to spent on a new fan (I don't even know how to change it or where to get a new one :p).

What do you guys think that have been using all the original parts, please say they are good.

Does the fan sound go louder and louder when you play long or does it stay the same after it has turned itself on?

7. Duvel

Duvel Registered

the fan issue is a known problem that thrustmaster will not admit to. You will have to sort it out yourself. TM will send you a replacement and give you the line that they use different fans now, but it's not true. The actual issue is the way it's built and the vibration it creates.

For the record, i took my top off and run a big fan instead, never but the top back on.

8. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

How's everyone's experience with the new software with regards to the updated ffb update rate from 125 to 500 hz??

With regards to the FFB update rate, the T500RS is now on par, I believe, with most mid to high end Fanatec wheels and the Logitech G27 (and possibly G25 and Driving Force GT aswell?).

9. Duvel

Duvel Registered

that update made an enormous difference for me, I'm surprised it wasn't picked up more by the community. Before, the wheel used to feel "heavy", and most reviews actually said it felt heavy too at launch, but after the 500hz update, that vanished, just feels tight.

10. MrPix

MrPix Registered

The updated 'software'/firmware for the data rate was over a year ago @v40.... ..... the recent v41 made no change there.

11. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

It feels the same to me, TBH.

As for the fan issue, contact TM and they will ship you out a new fan that works on a different design. My old fan got noisy and the motor was heating up (the fan just up & died) and TM sent me the replacement free of charge. It was a PITA to install but if you have any mechanical ability AT ALL, you can do it.

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Hmmmm that's what I thought. I wonder why it was in the newest build notes. Weird.

13. Duvel

Duvel Registered

i thought you was talking about the old driver / just chatting in general about the change. Anyway, i still stand by it making a difference, noway did the wheel feel the same after the update.

14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

But this feeling improvement you are talking about came from the older update from a while ago, correct?

Edit: Nevermind, I just realized that V40 post above, which contained the 500hz update note, was from last Sept.

So what changes has V41 brought?

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2013
  15. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Support for the new GT rim. That's it. Nothing else

16. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Ohhh cool thanks

17. Duvel

Duvel Registered

Yep, came from the actual update that introduced the 500hz update, which was quite a while back. I've had a t500 since March 2011, so very familiar with this wheel, I know it inside out (literally, because everyone always has to open it up to sort the rubbish fan out!)

18. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

So this new fan is much better? Do I have to have broken fan before I can get it? After 2 hours of playing yesterday it took over 40 minutes from the fan to turn off. It wasn't particulary noisy or hot though. But I don't like to keep the wheel plugged for 40 minutes after my session. Going to be a large electrical bill that way :p

19. Duvel

Duvel Registered

i've had two new fans sent, both times they told me if was a reworked design and that the problem was to do with lubrication not kicking in fast enough, which is a flat out lie. So maybe they finally have fixed it, but you'd really need several people to confirm it's more than what i just said above and is a real fix.

20. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

TIG- email them about how long it stays on, tell them it gets hot and it is noisy. If you can feel any heat, it's hot, if you hear it at all, it's noisy. It's not like TM asks for the part to be shipped back. The new fan worked better from the first time I plugged it in than even the brand new fan did when this wheel was new.