All Thrustmaster T500 rs owners come to this thread!!!

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by fedexpress, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Have no issues of that kind (in my case, going between rF 1, rF 2, Race07, netKar Pro and iRacing).

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2012
  2. Truerider

Truerider Registered

TechAde,i'm going to give your settings a try,thanks for posting.
    Looking at your image of the settings, does it say spring is set to 200 % its hard to make out?

3. TechAde

TechAde Registered

100%... sorry about that, I don't know why the image is so small, I thought I saved it full size. :S

Here it again, as an inline jpg (last one was a gif but forum changed it to jpg:S)...

View attachment 709

4. Nizmo

Nizmo Registered

Can I ask you guys a quick question? I was wondering if you can use the wheel and pedals independently. I have ECCI pedals which are fantastic. I'd love to add this wheel. Would someone else be able to use the pedals? I have a friend who's G25 pedals are shot. He'd LOVE these pedals, and I'd take the wheel! :)

5. kuato

kuato Registered

Your friend would need to buy a $30 adapter to use the pedals as standalone. Btw, I have a T500RS with ECCI pedals and it's a great combo. My TM pedals are still in the box, unused :)

[​IMG]

6. Nizmo

Nizmo Registered

That looks awesome Kuato! LOL Really nice. Look at all those nice, juicy buttons, and knobs. Appreciate the info about the adapter. Let me ask you, if I were to split this and sell the pedals to my buddy, what do you think might be a fair price? I see the wheel for $520 at Amazon. Would $320/wheel, $200/pedals sound about right? Can't justify buying the package and letting the pedals sit right now as I'm also looking for a new video card. $520 gets me a GTX 580, though I'm trying to be patient for the new Nvidias, which means it's a perfect time for a new wheel!

Off to Monaco...

7. rubleman

rubleman Registered

Kuato, that does look great. Can you still use the paddle shifters with that wheel, they are not too far to reach?

8. kuato

kuato Registered

@Nizmo

Thanks, Nizmo. Not really sure what the right split would be, but my guess is that the wheel probably accounts for more than 60% of the price.

@rubleman

The momo wheel is 320mm. Stock is 300mm so you do have to reach a little bit more. I think it looks worse than it is because of the picture was taken at an odd angle. It should only be an issue for those with smaller hands.

9. gadaga

gadaga Registered

Don't know about you guts but I get this "slow motion" problem (rFactor2 no longer in real time) once in a while with the T500RS with the latest 2012 driver installed and Tim's "workaround" (using the controller.ini file and skipping one, two or even three FFB samples to slow the FFB traffic between game and wheel down).

Is there any other tric we can do to not get this slow motion? Lower graphic settings? Or put them as high as possible to slow the game down to bring it in line with the wheel?

Thanks,

Paul

10. Duvel

Duvel Registered

Hows the wiring look behind the wheel for all those buttons? Can we have a looksie? :)

11. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

12. MrPix

MrPix Registered

No need to apologise, this is a Beta aimed at modders.... you've picked up the ball before release... you should not be apologising.... but you do have bags of opportunity to announce updates and corrections ;)

13. gadaga

gadaga Registered

Thanks Deak,

Yes I did! That's why I am a bit dissapointed when seeing the slowmotions.

The symptoms are that all of a sudden the game pace slows down excessively (almost freezes) and that slow motion can go on for several seconds after which:
    - either real time returns but AI's may have passed me or even crashed into me,
    - or I have a crash to desktop
    - or even worse, the computer is stuck and I have to pull the plug!!

I suppose it is related to my T500RS!

14. Beuteman

Beuteman Registered

I have the same probleme, if I run cars before rf2 the wheel is too soft, is there any way to resolve this.

15. Araneus

Araneus Registered

Hi @ll - first i have to excuse myself - my english sucks :)

Here is my Problem: i can't get any comfortable with my T500RS it doesn't feel right! I am using the F1 addon and the only way to get it nearly the right way is to let the centerspring be controlled by the wheel (not ingame)

I would appreciate if someone can tell me his whole settings over the ingame menu and the controller menu outside with rotation range and everyting what's needed to get my wheel do it's work :)

thx in advance

16. Cleverleyson

Cleverleyson Registered

Mine just came in the post (500rs) and wow only done one lap too of spa. still setting it up. I remember in rfactor 1 with my old wheel you should remove all the spring and damper. Im unsure now.

Still just thought i'd say im part of the club too.

:D

17. zim2323

zim2323 Registered

Hi all!

I got my T500 last night. BestBuy $599 for both wheel AND the shifter:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

Pulled the G25 off the desk and started opening the box. Got the wheel out and heard *tink*. Looked and there was a broken plastic piece on the floor beside me. What the.... Well, I started looking and behind the wheel on the right-hand side, part of the wheel casing next to the housing screw was cracked. I also noticed that the wheel itself was off-center to the left about 10degrees. Without the wheel even hooked up I can tell that it's physically centered to the left. After I got everything hooked up I centered the wheel digitally but I can still definitely feel that my digital center is not "true" center.

Anyways, I called BestBuy and they are expediting me a new wheel. It should ship today and I should hopefully have it by Thursday night. *crosses fingers*

From what little bit I've even run with the busted, off-center wheel, it still feels REALLY good compared to the G25. Really looking forward to having an undamaged wheel to play with!!!

18. Cleverleyson

Cleverleyson Registered

Thats a bummer Zim, Its feels really good in the 60s cars (only done a few laps) you can feel so much more, contorl slides etc. Its great :D tho my arms might fall off, i hate to think what its like at 100% ffb, might end up with no arms. You'll love it

I noticed the wheel not matching up with the wheel in game (say one 1/4 of a turn on screen seems more with the wheel) I didn't have it with the DFGT, Sure its a setup issue on my end, Still even so its great fun, the only problem i have is that i seem to be using the clutch thinking its the brake :D.

19. zim2323

zim2323 Registered

@Cleverleyson

Is there an in game wheel rotation setting that you can use to match your controller rotation setting to? Is it just a graphical mismatch? In ARCA I have to match wheel rotation in game with the wheel rotation in control panel for it to match graphically.

20. Cleverleyson

Cleverleyson Registered

There is! i always thought rfactor 2 did this on the fly now? as in set the degrees the car is for the wheel, At least thats what i thought it did with mt DFGT! :O i will try!

EDIT: yeah you were right I had my DFGT setup below 600 so now i've set it as 600 and the wheels match. Still it be nice for something to do it depending what Car your in.

:D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2012