All the GT Cars have been updated

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddhatree, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

I guess perhaps becasue that's what the data showed. I don't believe it would be changed without a reason.

2. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Hey guys

how can you force AI to use 2010 Engine with the Corvette ?

same thing with a server... how can you force player to use 2010 OR 2009 engine ?

Thanks

3. gkz

gkz Registered

After testing the new update im very disappointed... it feels like the camaro and the vette have now driving aids( like tc ) and drive very easy i don t need my driving techniq anymore only on wet tracks. And it makes no sense at all because everyone complains about the vette has less grip and is to hard and isi allways said than u need to improve driving( start with the skipp barbar ) but why is it now easy with the update and feels like a complete physic change ? For Example the camaro had more oversteer in the last update so i could push more in the corner with oversteer. Now it more understeer witch make it more a brake contest. If it is a setup thing it would be nice to have infos in terms of what really changed.

4. peterchen

peterchen Registered

"Fixed updates" in the Player.JSON? Should work (but at ISI you never know :p).

For server things I don´t know, but when you fire up a server there is a check-box "fixed setups",
    is there a "fixed upgrades" too?? Worth to check out...

5. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Yes, the changes at some cars are very big!
    What makes me wonder why? Only because chassis-flex?
    Hard to believe though...

The grip on the 370Z´s back has massively raised and it´s now a understeery brat!
    Had to throw my old driving technique completely overboard (including setup)!

6. Comante

Comante Registered

The release notes states that suspensions have been completely redesigned for some cars, chassis flex have been included, and (if I recall correctly) even some changes to the tires. I feel quite normal that the car behaviour is completely different, those kind of cars are less rigid than a open wheeler, so chassis flex can have a big impact on actual setups.
    You should be happy that the car have been updated, not complain that it's different than it was before... it's a simulator, so, if things get simulated better, is good news, even if you have to redo completely your settings and driving style, or even if it appear easier to drive.
    If you can't wrap your head around this, you can always uninstall this contend and reinstall old version.

7. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

The 370z GT4 is a blast to drive now,I can feel what the car doing, feel the tires and can catch the car's slides.. great job ISI and thanks:)

8. peterchen

peterchen Registered

No Comante, this was no complain!
    Just the question comes up: What to believe?
    I thought that the data they used for the previous version where correct and real.
    But when small (?) corrections make such a big difference, how many reality can we expect from all the cars in rF2?
    And: changes to the tyres?? Why the heck? What data did they use before? When they would have changed the tyre-model in terms of contact-patch or something I would understand this.
    And: completely redo the suspension? Why? How accurate are the other cars we have and why wasn´t it accurate at the 370Z?

Not all GT cars changed that much though, so chassis flex alone can not be the reason.
    Don´t get me wrong: I appreciate the development very much!!
    But like I said: what to believe? Your thoughts?

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

The more updates, the more accuracy. That's what I believe.

Take the Indy Cars for example. When ISI get more/more precise data, we'll have a more accurate Indy Car.
    I believe that all ISI's cars are as accurate as the amount of attained data allows them to be.
    Again, the more data, the more accuracy.

10. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Also some tire compounds have changed too right? we now have mediums for the Camero instead of hards,and softs for the CR6 now instead of mediums. The GTR(softs) and 370z(hard) still have the same compounds as before the update. Great update cars feel great, thank you isi.

11. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

If you drive the same car before and after an update like this in the same way, it'll be the same car, unless the change is massive like it will be for the IndyCar. Data doesn't change that, unless it's a complete recalc of something, like one of the GT cars actually did get. However, when we do tweak things with new data, and the car has more feel, you're actually not going to be driving it the same way. You can't say the previous version is 'less realistic' even, if the data was mostly the same. You just were not driving it as you're now able to. When a professional uses a simulator, they drive it like a real car, like often the real car they drive. The fact it could be driven differently doesn't often factor into it, except for retail customers. That's where you come in.

12. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Yeah but fixed update will fixed the update to the base setup without upgrade (so 2009 engine for the C6R)

I see a class filter C6R_2009 and C6R_2010 in the server, but when I select one or the other I don't have any car to select and can't join the server.

any help will be apreciated.

13. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Thanks for your answer Tim!
    Puts a little light into it, although I didn´t understood all you´ve said. :eek:

14. 88mphTim

AFAIK you may have to select the main C6R category as well when hosting... I ran into that as well IIRC.

15. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

First let me just state that I haven't driven the GTR yet so my following comment probably won't apply to that car. Especially since you guys are saying that one changed quite a bit.

Now, and Tim touched on this in his reply, I find that when driving these cars in a way to make the tires last and to get quick lap times the feeling is almost identical to before. My setups from before the update still pretty much do the same thing. The big difference is in the feeling of everything else. To me that makes sense given that ISI probably got more data as well as the fact they know the tire model and flex chasis better now. It also makes sense that given feedback from a tester, whether an experienced Sim guy or even a pro, the optimal feel would b in proper racing conditions. I imagine when the car is tested its driven how it would b in real life, not how someone would drive it looking for faults. Whether it should b tested that way is a whole separate argument.

16. 88mphTim

Eventually, and I think rF2 leads the way here, racing sims will punish you if you drive a different way to how a professional drives. Additional data (provided your initial data is correct - which it wasn't with the Indy car) primarily just makes a car less wrong, not necessarily more right.

17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

That's a very valid argument and I agree with it. If something is off it can be from things happening outside of that simulated perfect realm, and that's where gremlins may pop up that require attention. Something about tires, something about chassis, etc..

18. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Hi Tim,

Will we see an update to the contact patch model anytime 'soon'?

19. 88mphTim

Yes.

20. TJones

TJones Registered

Yesssss !!

That's what i've been waiting for ! :D