All the GT Cars have been updated

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddhatree, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Some cars that don't automatically use auto blip and/or auto lift (even when auto clutch is enabled) can still be made to use auto blip and/or auto lift once auto clutch is enabled...

Enable auto clutch then try full throttle upshifts before getting close to the redline and see if it's auto-lifting. Then go in a high gear like 5th, and as you slown down, back it quickly to 4th, 3rd, 2nd. Is the weight transfer getting all messed about? Is the car jerking and jolting? Are the rear wheels spinning? Or is it just a nice blip with no drama, no weight transfer upsets, no jolts, no spinning rear tyres? If it's the former, then auto blip is stil disabled, and if it's the latter than auto blip is enabled.

NOTE: If enabling auto clutch still doesn't activate auto-lift and/or auto-blip, then you can edit you player.json file to activate either/both of them. Enabling them in your json file only activates when using auto-clutch, if auto-clutch is disabled then the core physice of the car take over, rather than what you specified in your json file.

Now the question is....if a car has auto-blip, auto-lift, or both built into it's physics (so that they are enabled even if auto-clutch is disabled) then will the characteristics of it's auto blip/lift be changed if you also enable auto-clutch while having auto blip/lift enabled in your json file)? Basically, does the json file auto blip/lift (when auto-clutch is enabled) change the blip/lift characteristics of a car thst already has auto blip/lift characteristics defined in it's physics?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  2. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

Thanks for this ISI!

3. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Seems like an improvement based on a short drive{G27}....but why are cockpits BLACK??

4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

For anyone who get the problem with missing engine sounds, it has to do with mixed versions of the cars.

I didn't have engine sound when I loaded up the 370z, and I noticed that both the new version plus the old version in the skin pack were on track.

Exited, uninstalled the old versions and the old skin packs. Loaded the new cars and viola: engine sound was back again. :)

Sendt fra min LG-E400 med Tapatalk2

5. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Auto Clutch only helps with gear shifting without clutching.
    While blipping and lift is throttle input and throttle offput during gear shifting

Tried the GT-R and 370z. Superb update. Sounds much better too. Night headlights are brighter now.

6. These feel great, especially love the Nissan GTR.

Interlagos with the URD EGT series and the Nissan GTR's are fun to race with 26 cars :)

7. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

I like that the old content finally gets some love, but there are still the same visual issues the community has pointed out a couple of times already.

The Nissan GT1 still has a lot of Z-fighting around the front lights, the dark patch on the front right fender which is in the template (not a material issue, but a template issue which is even used for the new skins), and the very ugly rear lights with those cardbox cutouts sticking out the rear lights when braking.

The Corvette has finally been fixed at the front, there where a few polys which had a material error or something. But now the brake lights (which look much better now up close) have a lot of Z-fighting when looking at them from a distance, it's flickering pretty bad.

Overall don't get me wrong here, I love that the physics and shaders got updated because these cars are actually quite amazing and fun to drive, but these issues are not that time consuming to fix, probably just have been overseen.

8. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

The 370z was a blast to drive before, and still is, very happy with the car, the GTR i find a massive improvement as now i am able to drive around Nordschelife without my rear randomly going loose in every second corner and i actually can drive on the cars limit and finish the lap, so very happy for that.. Thanks ISI

9. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Massive improvement across all four cars, Really enjoyable update, I noticed the wipers work on the vette and gtr, maybe they did in the previous build ?? but its new to me, maybe a sign of rain on the windscreen soon !

Really nice to drive the vette. Good work work ISI

10. Coanda

Coanda Registered

sweet update. Love the 2010 spec C6 engine. Baffled, it says the 3rd spring is detached on the C6 however it logs data?

11. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Registered

Finally, what I've been hoping for, for months. The GT-R feels like a real car and I can now push without the rear randomly losing all grip and feeling.

12. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Some negatives to follow on from my positive note:

There is still mass overexposure within the cockpit view (C6 test at Indy). Sorry however this has been mentioned heavily around here from day one of the GT release. Highlights especially the clouds are blown out and fair bit different between the cockpit & external cameras. My screen is setup for photo editing which pro calibrated with low contrast & brightness. Car parts also still missing when tabbing backwards and forth between windows (B798 64b).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

When I first saw this news, I was worried that the Megane had been changed.

Thankfully, that wasn't the case. ;)

14. Domi

Domi Registered

I noticed this as well.

15. msportdan

msportdan Banned

Thanks Isi this is good to see

16. philman

philman Registered

Thanks ISI. Nice update.

17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I don't know how much attention the visual side got beyond shaders, but you're right. I imagine it'd be quite a hassle to rework some shaping (i.e. the rear transition into the doors of the 370z is messy) and increase texture resolution.

18. Carlo

Carlo Registered

@Coanda

IPS fully calibrated monitor here as well. Confirmed sky overexposure within the cockpit view. Try Mores with the Nissans.

19. bwana

bwana Registered

Have you tried with HDR off, seems a lot better with this build and increases framerate

20. gkz

gkz Registered

Why is the steering lock from the camaro down to 19 max from 25 ???? but the overall degree is still 612.......