AIW unsupported options

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Simon Peace, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Simon Peace

Simon Peace Registered

I know they are unsupported but i notice that there are options for loading in files for fastest lap line etc...etc... it would be nice to know what format these need to be and whether they work. They might have bugs but at least I can generate them from the 3ds model I now have, rather than having to actually drive round badly...

any chance of some unsupported help! ;-)

Cheers
    Simon

2. Baule

Baule Registered

In rFactor that was the option for importing paths from another AIW file, I guess it's the same in rFactor 2?

3. mianiak

mianiak Registered

I know what is being asked, I have seen it in an rf1 track when I load up up in the editor without an aiw file, I look at the trace and it says 'can't find an _____ file'. But I can't remember off hand what it is.

4. Simon Peace

Simon Peace Registered

No AIW path found...attempting to create one from max ASE export file

this is seen in the trace file... leads me to believe that if an export of certain things were made to be in a 3ds Max export file it would work... :)

5. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

I used this feature, once, when I made Birmingham back in 2005 :) It's far easier to just drive the lines you need in game. I honestly don't even know if this still works.

By the way, the next time I work up a AIW file I will be doing a vid tut from start to finish. It'll cover everything from basic creation, to various lines, as well as AI talent file tweaks. I plan on doing this within the next month. In the meantime I'll probably work up some sort of written tut pdf for you guys.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Sounds good Scoot thanks, one question: Say someone releases a track and I dont like how the AI behave on it, will I be able to use the AIW Editing area to Tweak the track more to my liking? (I'm guessing a No/Not at this time with the new ModID shenanigans ;) )

I used to do this a bit in rF1 when tracks were released with poor AIW and the maker was unwilling to make it better!

7. Simon Peace

Simon Peace Registered

Thanks Scott. Tutorial would be very welcome. especially the "approved isi order of doing things"

8. freew67

freew67 Registered

Who says ISI approved means they are doing it right? :cool:

9. Simon Peace

Simon Peace Registered

no, just mean if they have a procedure which works and doesn't crash then I would like to follow that path.......

10. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Hi Scott,

I'm sure you have plenty of work but I'm curious about your plans about AIW tutorial.
    Is it still exist in your schedule?