AIW times are different in DevMode

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by FRMracing, Mar 1, 2020.

1. FRMracing

FRMracing Registered

Now out of all the issues I've had, they've had stupid fixes but this one, oh boy will this one turn out to have a real stupid fix I bet... I'm really stumped as to why it's happening though and it's making my AIW progress not progress at all (if that makes any sense)...

Using:
    Mostly fresh install (throttle blip disabled, AI strength & aggression changed to 100 & 50 respectively).
    -ISI Belgium '66 - Modified AIW
    -EVE F1 '68
    -Same player.json for DevMode & Singleplayer.
    -Same track settings for both.
    -Testing Session for both.
    -Same AI with RCD (max stats).
    -AI Autocalibrate 0,1,2 (all tested).

Problem:
    So basically I got my AIW in DevMode to the point (using Autocalibrate: 1) where...
    -AI were rarely crashing (maybe ~1/20 laps would have an error and maybe crash/spin)
    -A few of the 100% AI qualified better than me, which is what I want).
    Thinking my AIW was ready I packaged everything & started up singleplayer, boy was I wrong to package it... AI are all-of-a-sudden WAY off pace & they keep crashing OVER & OVER & OVER 'til they get stuck in a fence. Maybe I'll record a comparison video tomorrow, I don't have a video editor or the time & patience tonight.

Attached Files:

Juergen-BY likes this.
  2. FRMracing

FRMracing Registered

Gonna try my best to replicate the Belgium_66.AIW by ISI and see what happens...

3. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Not that this will help you a lot, but i got a very similar experience 2 years ago. I tried to make an ai bop for two diff. cars, everything was really looking perfect (moddev), build the packages, fired up sp and...the result in sp was completly diff. to moddev...

4. Bernd

Bernd Registered

I have never had such a problem.
    I also would recommend to not to use rcd files in devmode, when you create or edit aiw files.
    But if you use them, you have put them into the talents folder, right?

5. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

These days i got div. information from dev's about the rcd usage in moddev. It was Talent folder, Main folder, packaged into own mas, packaged into main mas. Honestly... i was using both, rcd in talent folder and in the vehicle main folder. Just to get sure...

6. FRMracing

FRMracing Registered

It's in the talent folder that it works and I have my car's AI set to optimal numbers for AIW testing etc... Should also add that I'm adding the AI with my car as a second car on track post-loading to make sure the AI works properly with autocalibrate set to 1.

7. FRMracing

FRMracing Registered

I'm currently working on remaking my Belgium '66 AIW again, but I'm making the turns more cautious & using a Renault Megane Trophy instead to set the lines so it's easier & smoother. Will report back the results from the ModDev & packaged versions once I get there...

8. Bernd

Bernd Registered

What else is a problem, is that the driving lines of different cars, depending on their physics, settings, grip and so on, differ a lot.
    And if you don't want to edit corridors, you have to drive the lines depending on the mod, that you prefer to use.
    What i always do when i create new aiw files, is to use a car that i have modified with tires with very good grip, good brakes and steering, to be able to drive smooth and exact lines.
    I guess you know it already that it is more important to drive a smooth and "clear" line, than to be fast with a lot of sliding and other, the line destroying, things. ;)

9. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

I'll take a look at this tonight I had promised to look at this ages ago and got swamped with other tracks. I'll have a look, see if I can quickly create a clean line for you and send you the AIW so you can compare it to yours and see what is different.

10. FRMracing

FRMracing Registered

So moment of truth coming soon... I converted the Renault Megane Trophy II into DevMode and set a cautious line with that using TC & ABS, then used AI learning with the F1 EVE (1968 F1 skinpack) cars to get an almost perfect AI (FINALLY!!! Something better than ISI's AI @Belgium_66)... Now we'll see if this works after being all packaged up. It should...

11. FRMracing

FRMracing Registered

I did the fastest, left & right lines again with the RMT II w/ TC, ABS & SC. Then I had AI learning or whatever it's called set to 1. I packed the .ini it produced with the car so the AI would be almost perfect on that specific track (Belgium_66). The AI in DevMode set a miraculous laptime around 3:35 (I forget what exactly) but it was TOO fast... After being packaged however, the AI are now setting 3:37.1 at best which happens to be perfect for me (PR: 3:37.334).
    So this issue seems to still be happening however I'm not so worried now, it seems to be more of a DevMode thing.

12. FRMracing

FRMracing Registered

I did an overhaul of file names (and 1 minor .gen change (removed unnecessary lines from the top I had added by mistake)) for the cars and now DevMode times are in the low 3:37's like in normal-mode. So probably a .gen or filename issue, something wasn't right. Maybe I'll look more into it.

davehenrie likes this.