AIW pitpath edition

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by 3377, Mar 19, 2022.

1. 3377

3377 Registered

In the barcelona version that I use, the AI rejoin the fast past very much abruptly before the first corner. Leading to collisions during races

In develloper mode is it possible to create a new pit path for a track were there is already one? Or adding new waypoints at the end of the existing one ? I tried deleting the old one and creating a new but the game crashes a fiew seconds after I set my new path as main first pit.
    Could saving it as 2nd pit and in the aiw replaces the original pit path by the one I created would work?

When I create a new AIW from scratch the AI doesn't recognise (only at barcelona) the xpitin object, the set their normal pit speed later at the object for the laps.

2. Joan Prim Armengol

Joan Prim Armengol Registered

After you recreate the pit path. Do you join it to the main as a branch?
    I think the 2nd pit is to have a different pit area because in some ovals have a pit lane on each side, if I'm not mistaken. So most likely won't work for this case.
    The last part I don't fully understand but if the problem is that the AI doesn't brake to pit speed before the xpitin object, that's because you have to mark the node just before it as slowdown node.

3. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

It could be that the block path doesn't connect correctly to the pit path.
    https://www.studio-397.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/rF2_AIW_Creation_Tutorial.pdf

4. 3377

3377 Registered

I tried to rebuild the AIW file from scratch but unfortunately even with braking hint before the xpitin object the computer cars are ignoring the object

Thanks for your help. I do not seem to find a solution for now. I already build 2 aiw from scratch. Never got this problem ....

For information the track is bacelona by SimRacingHub

5. redapg

redapg Registered

I can offer to try to fix that, but i don't have the Time to drive any Pathes. :)
    If you want me to help, upload your new, made by scratch, AIW File somewhere and send me the Link by a private Conversation.
    Please don't load it up here, because i don't like it, when also others try the same then and several People working at the same Thing at the same Time then.
    That only wastes my Time. ;)