AIW information / tutorials

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Mike Cantwell, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Mike Cantwell

Mike Cantwell Registered

Hi everyone,

I have a basic grasp of the AIW files and have done a 6.5/10 job on the Queensland Raceway circuits. The PDF file is very good but I need a little more detail.

What I am wondering is how do others get the AI cars to drive so smooth and consistent, particularly in corners where my tracks the player AI car in particular understeers badly on some corners but not others.

Is the Skippy the best car for the job or should i try the F3 car or Camaro in the dev mode?

Thanks in advance for any tips on making a smoother more consistant AI file.

2. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Basically i would suggest to use a car with that you can drive as exact as possible.
    The Skip Barber is not my choice for driving the fastest line.
    And drive the lines as smooth as possible, you don't have to be fast, it's more important to drive a smooth line.
    And don't drive as you would drive in game, for example don't use the curbs at maximum when you drive around a corner.
    Sometimes it's even better to don't drive over the curbs at all.
    The whole thing has much to do with experience.
    Drive the fastest line in different ways and check what the AI is doing then.
    But have in mind that also the AI behaves different, depending on the physics that they use.
    There are a lot of things to care for and no, there is no 'do this and that and you have a great AIW' .
    If you can't get a satisfying result, i can offer to help out with it.

3. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

There are menu options for smoothing, while having several aiw points selected, this can help you get rid of erradic behavior.