aiw iditor help

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Robby01, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Robby01

Robby01 Registered

hi

i need some help on recording paths in the aiw

the first pat is the fast path and i hit ok

bad how do i record the left and richt paths it alwais sais recard as fast path?

samone cood help me on it i woold be glad

regards robby

2. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I figure there is a separate option for the recording for left and right? If not, I'm interested to learn how this works as well.

3. Michael Borda

Michael Borda Car Team

You change the current path here,
    View attachment 6072

Once you've selected which path you want to drive, then click 'Record a new best path'.

You can also 'Name a new path', such as a 'Block' path which we highly recommend as the AI use that to defend position.

4. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Thanks, it would be great if we received some documentation about these sorts of things when there is some time to budget in ;)

5. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

Thanks, I tried the Block path at Indy, it works well ! Although with the rTrainer they tend to block very late, it once resulted in me going into the grass and finishing upside down against the wall :D

6. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

For the block path, I take it you record an entire lap at a highly defensive line?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2013
  7. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

Exactly.
    On the straights I'm completely on the inside, and when turns 1 and 3 are coming, I go back to the racing line to take ideally the corner.

8. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Awesome, thank you, might try this myself shortly :)

9. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

Is there a way to have a middle lane for 3 wide starts (I tried with a path "middle"), or one for the slow cars (at Indy for example, using the warm up lane) ? I guess it's not (yet ? ;) ) possible

BTW, it seems possible to have a fast path for a specific mod.
    I found in ISI's AIW files paths named : HISTORICF2_FAST, CLIO_FAST, C6R_FAST, etc...

10. mkilner

mkilner Registered

Ive tried to use the AIW editor, but its not recording the positions such as Pit and Garage?...i save once ive set the position, go back in and its not saved it, back to square one!?....im a seasoned modder of rf1 so i know how to get a basic track AIW working, Anyone know why its not saving?...cheers!

11. domhnall

domhnall Registered

Yeah I think you set the line you want your drivers to follow in the talent file. I spotted this in the talent files recently and wondered what it referred to so thanks for posting this.

Was wondering if I could ask a question of my own. Above there is mention to a 'block path'. I was wondering if you can define a similar path for overtaking?? So i.e. a line for them to follow when they try to make a pass. Or is the AI cars behaviour when trying to pass independent of the AIW.

12. WheelNut

WheelNut Banned

is the aiw editor in build 156 broken
    the ai stopped coming out the garages on 1 of my tracks but if i let the ai take control of my car it leaves the garage and drives around the track
    so i redone the paths main pit corridors fast left right
    but the ai go to leave garage go to follow the path then stop

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2013