Aiw editor Crashing

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Banger, May 21, 2013.

1. Bink

Bink Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2013
  2. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

I hope the "etc". are bikini grid girls ;)

3. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I'm having the exact same issues as described here in this topic. Can someone from ISI reply about this? Are there fixes already for the crashes and broken path displays?

4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I agree with you that ISI should provide some type of information about this bug.
    I dont know if preclair has tried to improve AIW for Ring Tourist yet since AI are awfully slow in fast corners while acceptable in slow ones. I dont know if this problem us related to a bad aiw file or simply that AI physics are significantly different to the ones that apply when driving. I hope AIW editor does not crash with that long track.
    In any case I think the system for fast path should be done in an alternate way. Autoline smooth feature should be evolved in order that AI drivers would really get to improve their driving abilities and use them for AIW editing. In order to do that I would say that the same physics that are being used when i race the sim should be applied when toggling my car to AI mode. Tire temperatures and remaining missing parameters should appear in the HUD as a proof of using these physics. Without a real margin of safety against lost of grip of the car it is really difficult to prepare a decent fast path. I don't know how these settings would be used later on with AI simplified
    Physics. I am not sure either if the concept of lose of grip is the best since in some corners, some sliding of the rear end is required for being fast.

In any case ISI should say a word about all this since they are only ones that can really understand AI behaviour.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2