AIW CAM editor

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Fuzzy Downer, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Fuzzy Downer

Fuzzy Downer Registered

I've been trying to modify existing AIW files using the rF1 AIW CAM editor. I used to tweaked paths this way in rF1 and then GSC/AMS. The path modifications are being applied within the editor. But when I save and then reload the modified AIW file, the old path is there. No change. Maybe I'm missing something.

Can I not use the AIW CAM editor for rF2? Help is appreciated.

2. toebee

toebee Registered

I can't answer your question about the RF1 editor, but RF2 has a built in CAM editor in Devmode. I would recommend trying that out.

Jon and Fuzzy Downer like this.
  3. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Fuzzy Downer likes this.
  4. Fuzzy Downer

Fuzzy Downer Registered

Thanks both. I spend most of my time working in dev mode. In fact, more than actually racing. I'll use the rF2 editor to edit the AIW and CAM files. I have one track that doesn't have an AIW, so I guess I need to become familiar with it. It's just a shame I have to put the old AIW/CAM editor to rest. I found it simpler to use for small tweaks. Thanks, again.

5. Raintyre

Raintyre Registered

I also use that editor for small tweaks, in RF2. I am not sure what is the action you are trying, but i think it saves changes. However, for some reason it messes up garage spots, deleting some of them... Possibly it is slightly buggy, but still useful for me since i can search for the modified text inside and copy it into the right file.

6. Fuzzy Downer

Fuzzy Downer Registered

So I load an AIW, select a waypoint, select "S" to toggle into spline mode, edit the spline, and select "Create Curve" after each change. I can see the modified path. When I'm done, I select Save AIW file. It creates a new file with the arbitrary name. I back up the original, then rename the new one to replace the original file. The new file creates comments identifying each waypoint number in the sequence, i.e. " // 546" etc. So I know the file contents are new, but the waypoints are the same except that the points are rounded up to three decimal places, not four. Strange.