AI Wheel Spin at the Start of Races

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steven Luppino, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Steven Luppino

Steven Luppino Registered

Hi,

I thought if it was possible to have the AI to spin their tyres at the start of races it would be a great feature.
    Would anyone know if there was a way how to achieve this and help save the time experimenting with things?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You mean generate more wheelspin during the actual race start, or do some 'practice starts' while approaching the grid in the manner of warming their tyres?

3. Steven Luppino

How about both.

4. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Not achievable as far as I know.
    You can experiment with the "starts..." value in the talent file, but I think it alters just the reaction-time.

5. Steven Luppino

Yeah, i just tried turning them up, but nothing much different. Looks hard to get, I wouldn't look too far.

6. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Introducing wheelspin would probably require a code change. To be totally honest, this is not something that has a high priority for us (given the things we are currently working on) but regardless of that fact I will make a note about it in our internal feature list.

7. Steven Luppino

That sounds like something to look forward to.

I imagine in real life racing the driver will warm the tires in according to the balance with front and rear thus to avoid too much rear wheel spin which might slow the start, and what, practice more wheel spins during the warm up lap.

I actually thought if you wear the front tires more during the warm up lap you could then afford to spin the rear tires at the start of the race to balance the wear/heat between front and rears, and gather some forces/momentum through the drivetrain (hence speed) at the same time.

Of course, yeah, for the sim driver this all well for the practice, but for what purpose the AI need it for seems one for the producers to figure out. It looks to me for nothing much more than to add visual quality to the starts (you hate to be the only car spinning the tires off the grid).

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  8. Steven Luppino

By the way, Marcel, could you direct us to any posts around that might give news about a the features to look out for in the next rfactor2 or even the release date?. Also any news in particular about the development of vehicle spark effects and their possible inclusion into the sim?

Thanks

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Release Date? There's a new Build before the end of this year if that's what you mean.

10. Steven Luppino

Yes, that was it. Thanks for that.

I was a bit confused with the new merger and all. I was just getting to excited looking for an indication of whats to come in new features but not my place to look to what holds the highest priorities I'd best think.

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Aside from their website and last months Roadmap there's not a lot of other information out there, new Roadmap later this week should be a good read :)