AI Tyre Choice

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Christian Wolter, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

Hello everybody,

The AI runs on some MOD Tracks very slowly and strangely, I think very often that the AI always used hard Tyre and this is one of the Problems. Can this be set or pre-set? Also for multiplayer? Thanks in advance.

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

You can assign them a setup. That should include the tyres.
    Click in the list on one name and go to garage and click on AIsetup (I think it is called)

3. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I don't think the AI use the selected fuel and tyres when creating a setup unfortunately. Unless this has been changed in a recent update?

I usually edit the AI HDV file and change their tyre there.

4. Frenky

Frenky Registered

What you say is correct RoboCAT10. AFAIK the AI uses fuel based on the chosen racedistance (or -time) + correction set by AIFuelMult in HDV with minumum maybe something like 5 laps (for oneshot Q).
    AFAIK the AI uses the hardest tire compound available if it regards the track as dry. AFAIK this can only be offset by tire options available for both human and AI in the tuning screen. Say for dry conditions you have soft, medium, hard available, the AI always use hard.
    If the mod have tire restrictions available in the tuning screen (say only soft, medium are allowed) and you force the AI to use them (by clicking force setup), the AI use medium.

If you force the AI to use your setup in the setup screen, the AI will take your gearing and wing settings and try to take your spring settings (I guess, with some softening corrections in the HDV). Unless the mod forces a kind of blend between your setup and "something more optimal for them" (set by AIDownforceBias in the HDV). Because of the AI not using both the optimal tire compound as well as not the same tire modell, finetuning the AI is difficult. For my open wheeler mods, my personal preference is stiffening up the front (as is the tendency in modern formula cars), but the AI seem to lose some speed if you force them to use you setup.

5. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Ah, ok thanks guys for the clarification! I was unsure if they use the tyres or not...

6. Christian Wolter

Thanks for the answers, but I can not select the button "AISetup" because it is greyed out, a .HDV file for the ISI Formula Masters series I can not find. I would like to use the AI setup in the multiplayer for Formula Masters. Thanks in advance.

7. peterchen

peterchen Registered

You must first select a driver in the standing list.
    If you want to use AI-setup just use factory default. That is what the AI races.
    What for do you need the .hdv?

8. Christian Wolter

I select the Driver in the Standing list, but the AI-Setup Button is greyed out....... Robocat10 says he edit the .HDV File for the Tyre Choice of the AI Drivers......

9. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Sorry, I should have said: you first select the driver and then certainly click on a saved setup which you wish to assign to the given driver.
    THEN click "AI setup".

.hdv is packed into a .mas file wich you have to unpack with mas2.exe, then edit the .hdv, then repack and install.
    Tutorials for that are on youtube etc. Or simply pm Robocat, maybe he wants to help you out.

10. Christian Wolter

yes i do that, but the AI-Setup is greyed out, i test edit the hdv. File, thank you for your help.

11. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Works for me. Just tested. DonĀ“t know what ya doing wrong, sorry.

12. ceecee

ceecee Registered

I have a mod where there is no information in the Tuning window.
    I would like to select specific tyres, has anyone information as to which file has to be changed in order to use the Tuning screen ?