AI too slow after 1960s update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hedlund_90, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

AI set to 120%, I was 2 seconds faster in quali (bad lap). In race I start 5th on the grid, and AI is set to 100% aggression.

I'm 2nd in first corner, because all but one AI behaves really strange in the start (note that I look behind after eau rouge too see where all the other AI's were). I had to drive really slow to stay behind this guy. Let him overtake me and accidently crashing into him several times because he's too slow.

AI were quite slow around Spa already before update, but it's much worse now. They seems to get into some strange 'defending mode' when you are behind them, because they drive really bad and slow, while the cars behind you are much faster and want to overtake you. This was before update too, but is worse now. At least at Spa (haven't tried Monaco yet).

Btw, the AI car is 'floating' above the road, but only when watching replay.

2. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

I'm not sure, but a test I made with AI 105% and 100% agression with BT20, AI was in 3:41, not fast, but I think much faster than you are showing me, and in race the were slower, but not as much as your AI :eek:

Strange... hehe but I'm not surprised... AI is OK for me to test some things for online races, but not for fun, AI behaves strange in some specific corners in some tracks, a shame for people who want to race for fun against AI. Maybe if you are not a fast driver, but if you find the best line, comparing with AI is sometimes weird.

3. dsuspense

dsuspense Registered

Is the stutter only in the video, or are you getting that in game?
    Looks like you are running SLI or something, not sure how you drive like that with all that stutter.

4. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I think my best lap with Brabham is 3,35s. My quali lap now was a high 3,36 and AI was 2 seconds slower. So 3,38 at 120%, and you said your AI's did 3,41s with AI set at 105%. That sounds right, doesn't it? So your AI's should be as slow as mine. They are always slower in race than in quali also :)

5. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Tried Monaco with AI set to 100%. I won by 10 seconds after only 3 laps with the last lap in heavy rain :/
    AI's braking on the straights, driving extremely slow when I'm right behind them, let me overtake them on straights etc etc etc...

6. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Wait... now I think that is Youtube that has done something strange with my video... After uploading it youtube said something like 'looks like you could get better stability in your video, click here to do that', and so I did. Video did not stuttering that bad before. And I'm certainly not driving with it :)

7. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Really terrible video :p I really hope that your game does not look like that.

I did 3.41 with EVE f1 (not that good lap maybe, but clean). If you driver against humans there can also be drivers who are slower than you by two seconds or more. Maybe try online races for a while ;)

8. MJP

MJP Registered

Ahh you should've ignored that, it's just YouTube trying (and failing) to be helpful.

On a similar note I uploaded a video a while back and got a message along the lines of 'oh we've detected you're running a browser capable of showing html 5 video, would you like to participate in our testing'. Like a prat I clicked 'ok' then I found I couldn't play the video I just uploaded because 'your browser doesn't recognise any of the video formats available'. Note YT, if you want to be helpful, be helpful, don't piss me off LOL.

9. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Hehe, try to watch it again. I reset the changes youtube did to the video. I think it should look better now? But it's recorded with 25 fps I think, so it's not perfect smooth ;) It look much better when I'm driving in real time, lol.

10. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

11. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Tried to change 'Auto line smooth' to 3. I've noticed a difference and I think they are much better but it's far from enough. It did not make them faster around Spa overall, but they did drive better in some situations. But still I can overtake half field before first corner and still they release throttle/braking on the middle of a long straight (when you are right behind them). Extremely unpredictable behavior :(

One thing that is much better after this plr file change is that they overtake without hesitation if you drive with only half throttle. Before, they would slow down and stay behind for a while, before trying to overtake. Now they overtake if they have much higher speed. But still they do not overtake using slipstreaming...

As it is now, it's totally impossible to race against the AI.

12. Natureboy

Natureboy Registered

Interesting, I accidentally loaded this track with a clio, and then just gave it a try. As my car ran out of rpm at 207 kph, the AI had no issue reaching over 220. Seems AI physics do not even lie within the limits of the car.

13. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Big differences between AI's quali and race times

I'm driving a non-ISI track right now, and here the AI is much faster. With AI set to 107% and 90% aggression, I'm 3 seconds behind after 10 laps in practice. I go straight to race and win it by 5 seconds :confused:

This can't be an issue with the track. I've seen it with ISI tracks too. They are always slower in the race.
    This means if I want any challenge in the race, I'll have to set their strengh much higher, but then I'll never have a chance to start anywhere else than last.

I think the reason why they are so slow in races is that they behave very strange when driving around other cars (I'm not expecting their times to be as good as their quali times when fighting for positions...). Also when I was 2nd in the race I had a few seconds up to the leader. Suddenly he drives extremely slow and let me overtake. This often happens with ISI tracks too.

14. tjc

tjc Registered

Just wondering... how can you "accidentally" load a track...?

:confused:

15. tjc

tjc Registered

What track was it Hedlund? (Or don`t you want to say for some reason?)

I too have come across these problems... the times the AI can do atm do seem to be all over the place. Race pace, as you say, will obviously be different from qually pace but the differences seem to be too great just now...

Also, why oh why do they slow down and almost stop completely, when they have just left the pits?

:confused:

This has caused me (although I`m obviously aware of it now and try to avoid it) and other AI to have monster crashes and is extremely frustrating not to mention completely unrealistic...

16. Natureboy

Natureboy Registered

Well its also annoying that when you race online, the last vmod and track you were at appears when you go back to offline. Just changed car quick and hit race, call it being tired.

17. tjc

tjc Registered

Ahh right... don`t do that much online so that explains my confusion. :)

18. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Hedlund you are too fast for this game ;)

19. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Sv: AI too slow after 1960s update

No it's just because track doesn't really matter, but it was Poznan :)

Lol, maybe... But I have a tough time when racing online (and more fun of course). But sometimes I have to race the AI's too, because it's not always an interesting server available :)

20. Max

Max Registered

I agree, AI is changed somehow, slower, even when all maxed out.. Does the option for fastest line inside and outside work? Tim, would you know the answer to that? Or is it not implemented yet? Thanks!