'AI Strength' inconsistencies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ermz, May 1, 2020.

1. Ermz

Ermz Registered

Hey folks,

I spent last night trying to tune the Porsche Cup car into something less homicidal. I've been doing a lot of laps around the Nurburgring GP in both rF 2 and ACC, so that's the track selected for the baseline tune. With the AI at '100' I struggled quite a bit to get the car doing the 2min flat laps that the AI were pulling off. No doubt this is both due to my lack of tuning ability and skill in large part, but the true bizzare thing happened immediately afterward.

I switched to the Porsche 911 GT3 car for a 'break', and the AI, running at the exact same 'Strength', were doing 2:01s. In a notably faster car. What!?

It wasn't long before I was doing 1:57s in this one, leaving the AI in the dust, meanwhile struggling with everything I had to barely keep up with them in the cup car. I know the difference between the Supercup and Endurance specs, and made sure they were accounted for. In both cases the AI seemed inordinately faster than me vs the GT3 car equivalent.

So what's the deal with the widely varying AI aptitude, given different cars around identical circuits?

Paul McC likes this.
  2. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Hi.

That is exactly why I want this :

https://forum.studio-397.com/index....he-race-in-a-dynamic-and-automatic-way.65845/

3. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Hey Legend! For a less homicidal setup for the Porsche Cup give this a try, just scroll down a bunch of posts till you get to the screenshots of my setup and try those values https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/porsche-cup-ai.64187/page-3
    Let me know what you think!

On a sidenote, watched your video testing the BMW CS round Nord's a couple of nights ago whilst having a beer after a racing, then watched a couple more, thuroughly enjoyed! Great passion for driving & think I remember you mentioning the Porsche in one of them.
    Totally agree about the BMW A.I. as well, they need a serious ramp up compared to say the GT3's. Cheers!

4. Ermz

Ermz Registered

Thanks, Paul. I'll give those settings a shot and see how we go. Guessing the Cup doesn't benefit from the usual 'minimum tyre pressures' physics hack in rF 2? That rear wing is quite high - but I suppose we do what we must to prevent Porsche speeding up our funerals.

Paul McC likes this.
  5. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Ha, for sure! Tyre pressure hack probably works, does on most, dunno why I've not tried it on the Porsche yet.

6. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered