AI strategic impovement

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by McNolo, Dec 9, 2017.

1. McNolo

McNolo Registered

The AI needs a strategic improvement. It would be nice to have some kind of configuration file where we can set some guidelines on how to behave. For example, in F1, some file to config the AI to qualify with little or much gasoline (according to the regulations), if it should use softer tires (it would be logical, at least in the cars ahead) and also configure race start with the same compound with which they have qualified (in a number of cars established, the first 10 in this case). In addition, the need to use at least two different compounds during the race (mandatory stop).

Currently AI cars are always loaded with a lot of gasoline and always run with the hardest compound. That needs to be improved to a better experience offline, in my opinion.

Thanks.

2. 3NPV5IRR

3NPV5IRR Registered

3. LokiD

LokiD Registered

yeah although their on track race craft is good, their behaviour in wet races and strategic tactics are quite broken. I would like them to not start on hard tyre all the time, and use the softest compound for qualy!

4. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

i dont play much offline and with ai,but i think you can load any setup you make to any AI driver.so you can make low downforce,high downforce setup and apply it before practice,qualy,race..so if you make ten different setups for ten AIs the AI will follow that strategy(low/high fuel,other tires..)

like you said they use same strategy because they have same default setup.i dont know how they manage pitstops but maybe if you put softer tires on start maybe then later they change to harder compound..

but the main thing is there is only one HDV file for all cars in that series of cars.
    i made few mods for private use and what i did is,making HDV for each car and change setup changes for that car/driver so then all of them are on different strategy.the main problem then is tracks like monza or monaco,you must decide what track you gonna use with AI then adjust their setup changes(low speed track or high speed track for gear ratios)..

yea i know its not easiest way to do it but at least there is way to do it :)
    some tips if some of you decide to make new HDV for each driver..

so first you have to rename HDV example skipbarber.hdv to skipbarber01.hdv or whatever..
    then you need to find VEH file in team folder and change this line.i will use skipbarber_05.veh for first driver
    HDVehicle=SkipBarber\SkipBarber.hdv
    to
    HDVehicle=SkipBarber\SkipBarber01.hdv
    so now that car/driver is bound to that HDV file

next what i do is go on track and make setup i want for that car/driver and save it.then i load that setup with notepad and copy valutes from new setup file to SkipBarber01.HDV file.then you can repeat process for other drivers and that would be for skipbarber02.HDV & skipbarber_06.VEH,skipbarber03.HDV & skipbarber_07.VEH..you always need to make change to other VEH file if you add new HDV.

so that is for offline use,you probably know you cant use that mod online anymore with original mod if you change things in original mod.but you can share it..

i think easiest way is to load setup for each driver is in game,like i said earlier..
    if you not sure how to do it,here how you can try
    make setup for track you using and then in the list of AI in session click on AI you wish to load setup(AI must be highlighted in list)
    go to garage SETUPS,click on setup you wish to load,and click on AI SETUP tab to load that setup for that AI driver..

i know some of you did know this,but maybe someone didnt..
    hope it helps
    cheers

bwana likes this.