AI spread

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by datanode, Aug 26, 2013.

1. datanode

datanode Registered

Hi All,

Maybe there is something covered already, but with AI settings is it possible to set a spread over the field?

So AI strength 105% and then a variation of 10% so that the field has some 105% some 95% and the rest in between.

I think it could make offline racing more interesting, how I have described this is clearly basic and I think it would probably / possibly could be a per opponent set.

It is probably in a setting file somewhere? But this could help determine which opponents should generally be slower, which I think already happens. Might be nice to multiply that spread :)

2. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

This would be a great feature. It really would make races seem much more realistic and add a little human nature to the AI. One thing I really love is the line in the player file that allows you to set the AI up to make intentional mistakes here and there. If you set it very low you might have one AI crash into someone during a race. It can add some really great excitement. Adding your idea to the mix would add a lot more.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2013
  3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

that's what Talent Files are for, yeah it's a more awkward way of editing but you do get specific drivers doing what they should do (if based on a Real Life series). Agree though altering Strength to have a "zone" of effectiveness would be cool.

4. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

Isn't this what the 'AI limiter' parameter is for, in the player file? It least at was in rF1. I don't know if it still available in rF2.
    I thought an AI limiter of 0 meant a small spread, so all drivers perform close to each other (like 20 cars within 0.3s in qualifying).

5. datanode

datanode Registered

Don't know myself, if it has this in the plr file, but simplifying these aspects and having them in the GUI would be great.

Seems there are so many features hidden unless you edit a lot of files...

They are just advanced options. Some of which could be simplified.

I had a race recently where the spread of competitiveness was quite diverse. About 3 secs between leaders and tail enders... So this could make practising races brilliant.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2013
  6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Exactly this.

7. Fraggon

Fraggon Registered

Yes, as mentioned, talent files and the Ai limiter in the .plr file.
    Too bad most mods come without talent files. :(

8. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

How does one go about making a talent file? I was curious so i went looking and I found the talent folder but it is empty...