"AI setup" button doesn't seems to work

Discussion in 'Previous unstable/build archive' started by TJones, Aug 29, 2014.

1. TJones

TJones Registered

The "AI setup" button in the "Car tuning" page doesn't seems to work as expected.

I tested with the Dallara DW12 and diffferend configurations at a few tracks.

What i did:
    First i choose the track, in this case Silverstone international. Than under Vehicle/Tuning, i select the "indy500" model, klick on "Ai setup", than "back" and "OK".
    The preview window to the right shows my selection (Indy 500 model) correctly.
    But when i go on track for a practice run, all cars including my own are using the "road configuration".

Same happend to Indianapolis, where i select "Indy oval" and "road configuration" and get "indy 500 cofig.". Or i choose "Indy road track" and "indy 500 config." but got "Road config.".
    So the simulation alway choose the correct car config. automaticly, i have no influence.
    I don't know i this is the way it should work?

2. Coanda

Coanda Registered

hmmm. Strange. I tested the C6 with the 2010 engine and it worked fine across the whole class. I would have like a little more freedom and make some AI run the 2009 spec vs 2010 spec however it really is no big deal. I will test the DW12 now and see how I go.

EDIT ADD: DW12 Test. It worked fine for me, I was able to assign the Indy 500 model to Spa however to re-assign the road model back again I had to exit the game for this to take effect.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
  3. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

The same issue for me with the DW12. No matter what I select for myself or for the AI, it's always the road config(edit: Silverstone track). The "AI Setup" doesn't seem to work with other cars as well. This is what I did:

1. select the vette
    2. select the 2009 model
    3. pressed 'AI Setup'
    4. then selected the 2010 for myself and went to race

Me and AI were all 2010 models. Tried the same vica versa with the same result. Restarting the game as proposed above didn't change anything.

Edit 2: the 'AI Setup' function on track in the garage seems to work fine. Saved a setup with the shortest gearing possible, give it to an AI car which later pitted, drove out again and couldn't do more than 100:D

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
  4. TJones

TJones Registered

Yes, i also tried to restart game and got the same result!

I didn't have any Spa version installed, so couldn't reproduce Coandas test.

5. Coanda

Coanda Registered

@ Rony - Same here, maybe we cannot be different to the AI. I tried selecting the 2009 C6 as an opponent however there is an issue with this filter as it selects no opponent.

6. cosimo

cosimo Registered

I really can't fathom what the "AI Setup" button is supposed to do/mean.
    I mean, I get the point, but there is absolutely no feedback on what that button does UI-wise.
    How can I know that the button did something?

I thought that button would allow you to choose a saved setup (.svm) file for AIs to use.
    Sorry to say, but it's confusing to me.

7. TJones

TJones Registered

You're right there is no feedback of the funktion ATM, maybe there is something planned already.
    You can only test it by going on track and watch the AI which car config they use.

The feature you describe at last, is a differend one, which is also new in build841.

8. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

In the Garage, at the Setups Screen, is where you can assign a setup for the AI to use.

The "AI Setup" button in the Tuning Screen simply assigns the AI the same tuning options you have chosen for your car (not your setup).

You cannot assign tuning options to the AI and then choose another car. The AI will "reset".

Example: Choose road config for your IndyCar. Click "AI Setup" and all your opponents will have the road config.

Example: If you want the 2010 engine on the Corvette, but want your AI to have mixed engines (2009 & 2010), do not click "AI Setup".

9. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

So we can't actually assign setups to individual A.I. (or any A.I. at all) in this build? This is just for the car tuning/config options :( ?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2014
  10. AceLain

AceLain Registered

you can assign default GARAGE setup to individual IA car using the IA setup in the GARAGE menu.
    note that it work only by car number I think... so if you have, lets say 22 IA using the ISI Corvette you will probably see the same car a couple of time (with different IA Name) because the corvette have less then 22 different car. (did not test using the CREATE IA Car or something like that yet)

you just can't mix corvette 2009 with corvette 2010. (into the TUNING setup menu)
    you can either use 2009 for eveyone or 2010 for everyone

Thats what I have figuered

hope that helps

11. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

In the garage is where you assign setups to AI.

12. Gupster

Gupster Registered

You don't need to have the setup loaded on your car.
    Click one ai driver in the monitor.
    Go to garage and click on the setup you want them to use, that will light up the ai option, click it.
    If you look in the folder for the car in settings there will now be a file with aisetup like thrux.aisetup. Now all the cars will access that file once they pit and exit again.

Here's the txt from file: Thruxton.AISetup

C:\rFactor2-841\UserData\player\Settings\Thruxton\z4.svm

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

This is so awesome. Will the setup only get applied to the 1 specific driver/car you clicked on in the monitor?

14. Gupster

Gupster Registered

Seems to me any/all ai drivers using that car # will use that setup.