AI Second BLOCK Path

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by MarcG, Jan 13, 2017.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Just had this thought to make the AI (even) more varied, whilst the current BLOCK Path is great and does a fine job it still can be predictable in how you drive against the AI, simply pulling over to the side and "forcing" the AI into a BLOCK means you can set up manoeuvres fairly easily once you get used to their behaviour on a given track.

So how about a 2nd BLOCK path? So that the AI can then choose which one he/she prefers at the time depending on the "scenario", this could help in making passing that much more varied and unpredictable.

After all the key to a successful AI is unpredictability so given them more Options (Lines) to Race with will add to that I think.

Just a thought :)

Alex72 likes this.
  2. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I made you do this, didnt i? :D

But yeah i agree. The AI is so good, and with some extra options given to them it would be masterful.

MarcG likes this.
  3. peterchen

peterchen Registered

As far as I know, they also can use (variations) of the right and left path.
    Noone takes the afford to drive this paths in seperately though.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

hehe yeah it just popped in my mind when thinging about "Just how could the AI be better?" :)

Alex72 likes this.
  5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yeah they can also use Designated Paths of their own but they all use the same BLOCK path regardless, that's where I think a 2nd could Spice things up a bit more so to speak :)