AI running out of fuel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by J7166, Nov 10, 2019.

1. J7166

J7166 Registered

I don't really have answers, fast rolling starts were the only thing I changed and the AI didn't run out of fuel anymore. It's extremely bizzare

2. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Ok think ive got this! So ive just been having this problem at Sebring with the GTE's so I did a quick search and found this thread, have since gone back to Sebring and tested a bit more and I think ive got the answer..... ITS RACE RESTARTS!

I've recently changed my default starts from standing to rolling (like since two days ago) and its now that im finding this problem. If i start the race, skip formation lap (im only using rolling starts because of a TC issue you see) and race till the end everything is fine BUT,,, do a few restarts (we all do it when we're offline right) and I start getting problems. Seems if you restart the race RF2 doesnt reset the fuel and of course with rolling starts even if you skip it, the A.I. car's all already down a lap of fuel before the green light (thats 3 laps plus whatever you completed before restart), so I do a few restart of a 6 lap race around Sebring and by the time I actually get going, two laps in all the A.I. are runing out of fuel voila! Annoing is'nt it, only way to resolve is reload track, imagine that if you're at The Ring, with its loading times! Restart Weekend might sort it without having to reload track but i need to do further testing to find out. Anyway hope this helps!

atomed, J7166 and davehenrie like this.
  3. J7166

J7166 Registered

Awesome thanks mate

Paul McC likes this.
  4. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

No worries! Has it worked for you?

5. Melluish

Melluish Registered

I was also getting this with the Flat 6 mod at Sebring. Most of the AI were retiring on lap 1 or 2. Restarting the weekend instead of restarting the race did seem to be better. In the end I also turned off flags because the AI were also crashing all over the shop. I hope the developers do come back and devote some some to offline racing as it's still my preference.

atomed and Hazi like this.