AI Reovertaking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by steveluppino, Dec 31, 2014.

1. steveluppino

steveluppino Registered

Hi,

I know there might have be threads on this one before, but I am having problems with my AI's reovertaking. Say if I pass them entering the apex and am slow on the exit, even marginally, they just drive around the outside and reovertake, and will fight your position up to the next corner. Is there a setting in any of the files than prevents this AI behavior.

Thanks.

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Not sure I understand, are you saying you don't want the AI to try and overtake you?

3. Comante

Comante Registered

Why there should be a setting to prevent a behaviour that probably is the fruit of a lot of programming and is absolutely normal in real life racing ? No one would not overtake a slower car, would you?
    When you overtake from the inner side of a corner, yes, you have a shorter path to make, but a tighter turn, you will be obviously slower than your opponent. If you don't want to be overtaken by the car now behind you, you have to block them, this mean you have to exit the corner in front of your opponent so he lose his speed margin on you. This won't work if the speed difference is too much, he will just make it anyway. You may not be able to overtake simply delaying the braking point and throw the car into the turn, especially if you race against cars exactly like your's. Probably it would be much better to try to exit a corner faster than them and overtake in the following straight.

4. Magus

Magus Registered

If that's the kind of AI behaviour you want your best bet is to play AC :)

5. steveluppino

steveluppino Registered

Im sorry, I was referring to backmarkers or lapped traffic to do with blue flag rules. I thought I noticed once in a mod that they would move over and slow down to let you pass. But the last few mods the AI that I raced against do the opposite. They even touch wheels or avoid swerving away if the distance between the two cars is small, that is theyre front wheel will lock onto my rear wheel after I pass them and cant see behind to avoid the collision.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Ahh yes that's better explained! I know what you are talking about now, they do throttle back when in front but then immediately challenge again. Unfortunately I don't think there is a setting for this, just remember that backmarkers have a right to pass you if they are going faster so just make sure you make a clean fast pass.

Would be good if they could be coded to back off the throttle for X amount of time once you have passed, but that's something ISI need to implement.

7. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Play is too much of a word to apply to that crap. Maybe use will suit better.