AI races

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lucas78, May 17, 2013.

1. Lucas78

Lucas78 Registered

Hey, new user here :). Long time GP player and only recently I found out about the rFactor series (yep, shame on me :p).

Just a quick question if anyone can answer: in single-player, will I be able to run AI-only races/championships, just like the GP series? (0 drivers selected, in other words).

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

you can have races against the AI yes, but there is no championship in RF2, you'll have to "create your own"

3. Lucas78

Lucas78 Registered

Thank you (especially about the "no championship"), but that's not exactly what I asked: what I meant is, will I be able to watch an AI-only race without playing?

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

oh yes sorry, theres a keybind (A by default I think) that allows the AI to control your car meaning the whole field becomes AI :)

5. Lucas78

Lucas78 Registered

Ah, nice! Yeah, I know that a person could ask "if you want to just sit back and watch, why don't you simply watch the 'real thing' on TV" ? True enough, but if the AI is well programmed and you can create some good mods, it's *almost* (almost) as good(and GP4 with all its mods is a testament to that, IMO). That's why, for example, I never purchased the Codemasters' F1 series or other titles.

6. Banger

Banger Registered

I is the default. for ai to take control of your car.