AI Qualifying Issue... Help !!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by M.Guenette, Nov 22, 2013.

1. M.Guenette

M.Guenette Registered

I have a problem with my AI. I've tried many times to run a race using AI. During qualifying the AI cars go out for there first run then come in. They then go back out for there second qualifying runs but they always just run out of fuel and stop on the side of the track. I've tested this on many courses incl ISI's Silverstone. The AI simply does not refuel. Is there a reason for this? Do I have something turned off/on that would stop this problem? I don't want to turn off fuel usage just to keep the AI from running out of fuel during Qualifying. Help !!

Thanks.

2. maxspeed

maxspeed Registered

same problem here...the ai is ok in practice and in the race ..they run well and don't run out of fuel .. but in qual after their first run they try a second and that's when they have the fuel problem..

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

as per the pm I just sent what mod are you using? sounds like a specific mod problem to me.

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Need to know what mod.

5. maxspeed

maxspeed Registered

the new f1rft2013 mod at isi Silverstone fuel problem in qual only, and isi f2 1.41 cars at mid ohio the cars try to do the 12 laps.. they get 4 or 5 laps come in then go back out drive three or four turns and then the car will slow & then stop.

6. M.Guenette

M.Guenette Registered

It happens with the F2's, Formula Renaults and F1 RFT2013 mod. Each time they make there initial qualifying runs then come into the pits for a few minutes and then go back out. It's on there out lap that they stop on the side of the road with what i'm assuming is an out of fuel situation. At Silverstone they all run out of fuel and stop just entering Hanger Straight. Very strange.

7. 88mphTim

Are you using our package, or a repackaged mod of some sort? I'm not able to make it happen with our official mods.

8. M.Guenette

M.Guenette Registered

The Formula Renault's are not repackaged they are the Boxer set though. I did use the F2's online so I did create a vmod in order to race a friend online.

9. M.Guenette

M.Guenette Registered

Ok so here are my findings. After Uninstalling RFactor 2 build 342, then manually deleting the RFactor 2 folder located in Program Files (x86). As well manually deleted my RFactor 2 folder located in My Documents. Going to my recycle bin and emptying it. I then downloaded RFactor 2 content build 342 1.04 gb. and installed it. Then... in my fresh (empty) Packages folder I put in ISI_Formula2_2012-v141.rfcmp and ISI_Silverstone_2012-v101.rfcmp. Then double click the rfactor 2 exe and go to mod manager/load mod manager and install both the F2's and ISI Siverstone track. I then start up a race including qualifying to test my newly installed F2's on Silverstone. Exactly 5 laps into qualifying the Ai cars go into the pits with there low fuel light flashing on there steering wheels. A few minutes go by and they go back out "Fuel Light still Flashing" get to hanger straight and BANG engine shuts off and they pull on the side of the road dead. There is a BIG PROBLEM with the AI in qualifying that " Needs" To be addressed !!
    Help.. ISI !!

10. 88mphTim

It sounds like the repackacing (and yes, a different skin set is this) is the cause.

11. MikeZ

MikeZ Registered

Thanks for the information, guys. I looked into it and it seems the bug is with cars that are defined (in their hdv files... "Fuel=0" under the [PITMENU] heading) to not allow refueling. So the problem was, they were thinking about taking multiple qualifying runs & setting their initial fuel based on that, but then when the time came to refuel, nothing happened...but they continued to run their initialized strategy.

Anyway...it should be fixed in the next update. Now, if their hdv file dictates no refueling, they will fill up their tanks with the fuel amount needed to complete the allowed qualifying laps.