AI pitting early in wet races + other rain issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RoboCAT10, Dec 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but what do you mean by record in game replay? How can I'd do that rather than video?

2. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

There's a Replay tab in game options. If you enable Replay recording it will record your race sessions. This allows for cool things like very long races where you can resume from the recorded replay. And, Christopher once asked me for a replay recording of wet race issue, so I imagine it is easier for devs to reproduce problems with replays.

3. Jon

Jon Registered

Ok thanks, I'll still try to do a 10 lap race at Spa in wet weather and record the race and send it to the devs as well, as I believe that the AI pitting unnecessary is also present at Spa '66. I fully appreciate "priorities". But in my opinion AI pitting unnecessary in the wet should be a greater priority than stock car rules. It's also interesting to note that reading the past blogs there were several very informative blogs on the development of a 1970's Brabham which disappeared completely and was replaced by the new stock car rules. It seemed to have happened almost immediately after the Studio 357 took over. I also noticed that Tim (with the Mr Bean profile pic, who I believe was Tim Wheatley) was previously very active and helpful on these forums and seemed to be pushing the historic content, but he never posts here anymore. Is he no longer involved with rFactor 2?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    The Iron Wolf and RoboCAT10 like this.
  4. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I completely agree. Sadly s397 don't seem interested in fixing this any time soon which is a massive issue with me. As far as I know the bug has been present for over a year but still no fix. Even a quiet update on the matter from them would be nice, but even then they don't care to give one. Instead we are just left here discussing with no way of knowing when this may ever get looked into.

S397. Please get this bug fixed for Christ sake, it's been long enough! If you can't get it fixed then PLEASE let us know what number priority this is or a rough time frame. Give us some feedback so we can move on.

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'll post what Marcel said on Discord this week regarding AI Bugs/Improvements:

I think AI has a very bright future :D On a more serious note, we know it still has a few flaws that we should address. Our general strategy is to address such bugs whenever we take on an area of the simulation. AI are an important part of our off-line competition/championship features so you can expect we will address them when we work on that.
    I can't give you a timeline for that aspect yet though.

As ever, Patience, the issues will be dealt with in time :)

jayarrbee36 and The Iron Wolf like this.
  6. ceecee

ceecee Registered

The AI rain problem is not only offline, it is also online with dedi server and AI.

Jon, The Iron Wolf and ECAR_Tracks like this.
  7. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

AI + rain weather + rF2 = mess.

I don't even care to use random weather offline, it's a kind of "feature" that actually is currently useless.

8. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Yeah I'm still not happy with that. As I've said countless times, the bug is only recent and it started when s397 took over. I don't care but I think it's just not good enough. I understand patience, but when you are pushing a year and half it's getting ridiculous.

@Marcel Offermans

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Sigh :rolleyes: Some people are just never happy!

FYI Studio397 took over roughly 1 year ago (official news broke 16th September 2016), so that's hardly a year and a half ;)

10. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Well yeah probably a year ago then. All I know it's gone on long enough. Also why do you expect someone to be happy with such a fundamental flaw in the game. This bug has been around long enough and it is not good enough this has not at least even been looked into.

How the Christ can a game developer be happy they have a created bug and can't be bothered to fix it!? You say 'be patient' and 'some people are never happy' - total rubbish. If I was asking for a new feature then maybe I would understand. The fact it is a recent bug that haven't been looked into. Of course people are bound to be unhappy with that. Please, tell me why I should be happy that a recently created bug is hampering my enjoyment of the game.

yeah

Guimengo likes this.
  11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

You're right, you have every right to be upset, all you can do is not race in the rain for now and wait for the fix to be implemented.

12. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Fix when? Next week, a month, two months, a year, a decade? S397 need to give us a rough time frame. Without that it is all guess work and more complaining. Without knowing a time frame for a fix to a bug they created is the most frustrating part. It's like someone smashing your car window but not knowing when they can pay to fix it.

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

oh dear lord :confused:

14. stonec

stonec Registered

Just don't use rain for now. The last two new cars released don't even have rain tires, so it's clear to me S397 thinks wet weather is not worth to focus on at the moment. And frankly rain is broken in many other ways as well.

15. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

That is very disappointing then. I don't have much faith in S397. Clearly they are happy to ruin a part of the game for some and not even care to fix it. Whatever you say it's absolute rubbish from them. @Marcel Offermans

16. Milopapa

Milopapa Registered

The Iron Wolf and CamiloNino like this.
  17. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

SPASKIS likes this.
  18. CamiloNino

CamiloNino Registered

Why would it be a priority? A bug priority is not defined by who created the bug or how easy is to fix it. It is defined mainly but how many people complain about it and how much it potentially hurts sales.

19. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Because when someone reads in a forum that a bug has been recently introduced and it is not fixed straight away gets a very poor impression of the lack of care of developers. All the hotfixing that Steam would make possible turns out being just a tale.

Believe it or not, things like this hurt sales.

20. CamiloNino

CamiloNino Registered

When you put it like that that's a good point. Still in the grand scheme of things not that many simracers visit this forum to notice I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.