AI pit strategy Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by RoboCAT10, Jun 11, 2015.

1. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

From months of searching there seems to be know way to make the AI pit on specific laps. In rf1 you could choose each AI drivers pit strategy by editing the tracks Gb file - which doesn't seem to be possible for rf2.

To get to what myself and others are after is to make a plugin. I'm not sure how hard this would be and I really don't know where to start by doing this. Any advice would be really appreciated. Thanks

2. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I don't believe a simple plugin can interfere on it.

We have to wait ISI fix the "AI Setup button" in order to force the AI car to use all assigned setup items, including number of stops and fuel amount. Currently it seems AI only use the mechanical settings of the assigned setup.

3. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Something must be done on this. This year for the 1st time we have decided to add AI drivers to our championship, teaming up with a human driver.

We have a regulation that of a forced pit. All human drivers must make a forced pit, but what about AI!

Playing with tyre wear worked with AI entering to change tyres in offline, but seems not working offline.

4. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

In rfactor1 you could edit the tracks GDB file and tell the AI driver what lap exactly to pit on, it worked a treat and was very nice to have. I've tried this with rfactor2 GDB but sadly it's not working. Though still I'm yet to get confirmation if it doesn't work anymore and why it doesn't. Seems weird how rfactor2 took a step back in this area.

Edit: If you create separate HDV files for all your AI drivers you can edit the fuel settings and make them stop at least once, twice, or more depending on the number of litres you have put in your fuel settings. It's works nicely but you can't choose specifically what lap they will stop on and the AI will all pit on the same lap with the same fuel values.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2015
  5. jimortality

jimortality Registered

Just out of interest, If I was to do a 2 hour offline race with AI, would they pit?