AI Pit Stop times much longer than player time

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GCCRacer, Jan 6, 2015.

1. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Hi all,

This is making it hard to have a "fair" offline race...

F1 RFT2013 mod, player car (Lotus) needs about 3s for an announced pitstop to just change tires (fuel isn't even available as per mod settings). All realistic. The AI cars need ten seconds.

I even tried with fuel usage off wondering if they were somehow getting fuel for some reason. Nope. No damage repairs either.

Is it possible the AI gets hit with a time penality for unanounced pitstop?

regards

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

It's always been like that re Pit Times, what I do is run a quick pre-race with the AI and time 3-4 AI Pit Stops and make my stop the Average time. PITA of course and it's hard to sit there in your Pit for a few extra seconds but it makes it a tad more life like.

3. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I think I figured it out...

It's some kind of micro-damage repairs. If the Damage Multiplier is at 0% the AI stops between 2.5 and 3 seconds. At 50% you get 10s which seems to be repairing stuff that neither makes them slow or is even visible.

Thanks Marc, I was considering to just "sit it out" as you say but part of modern F1 thrill is the very fast pitstop...

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yeah it's not so bad for me in the GT cars, currently midway through a 2hour race at SilverstoneGT and it's a good 44sec stop (for me) so a few extra seconds don't hurt.